Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Suggestions: Quest For Beginner !!

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 7.01.2010, 00:21

Last time edited : 7.01.2010, 02:07

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

For me, I really think differently. I do agree Uncle gift should be revise and have a little higher Qualification for the new one.

But if you look at me, how I grow from this new Q reform... this is actually not really a problem, just have to grow slowly. I feel that 1 Mil cash and uncle gift is fine for me  

Personally, I had invite some of my friend. Some said: Its need some time to study how to play. Some don't even know how to start. And some said: this is 2 difficult to play. Maybe their talent is not in doing business.
I would say, those could grow is the 1 which potentially having a natural sense in doing business.

Is this game so hard to play ?
Not really, if compare to another 1.... I just feel like this is much more like a game. While that 1 is actually a real simulator for Business.

I actually have some idea for you guys (Admin), you may not find it useful and this is purely my side of view and require further evaluation.

Namely:
Advertising, Popularity.
Sustainability, will people continue to play after their registration, Quest and Game Development ?
Revenue, Real $, an inovative way to bring in real revenue while keeping the game for everyone.

POPULARITY !
You should come up with something like, "Have you vote for Virtonomics today ?" and get 50k ? etc and put it a few more link.(Virtonomics is not just free and you can earn a superior amount of real $ unlike those ordinary games you had encounted)

Sustainablility !
Will your Customer (Player) leave just after the registration ? Where they find it difficult to play, hard to understand, not interesting, no one to share with ? etc..

Lets talk about how to make them stay longer after the initial registration.

Start from Quest For Beginner !
Perhaps more Quest, which help the new 1 to understand the game and grow step by step just to make sure the game isn't as hard as they think and its fun to learn how to do businees in virtonomics.

On top of the first 2 quest, or the only quest. Which I think is more suitable for intermediate Level. You should come up with a "Quest for Beginner" or first week quest.( Any term that make people feel good )

Quest for Beginner Such as:

Example,
Quest 1: Your Very First Store

So, you have make a smart choice by chosen trade as your personal and initial business strategy.

Quest Goal:
Build 1 office and 1 store.

Quest Tips:
Click "New Sub Division"...etc.

Quest Reward:
Make those new player start from all Level 1 Qualification, reward them +1 lvl in commerce not bonus  

Description: How to open your very first store?
Deciding which city and region for your store is a crucious part in retailing...etc! (Put a link there "World Map" and a guided link for store)

Quest 2: Getting Employee and Setting salaries

Quest Goal:
Hire 2-4 ? staff

Quest tips:
Click.....

Quest Description:
Without worker your store won't be functioning...etc

Quest 3: Market Sector and Supplier

Well done, seem like you have find a great location for your store first store. Next you need decide which Market Sector and Find a Supplier....etc

Quest Goal:
Choose 1 market sector and get supplies for your store.

Quest Tips:
Click on automatic purchase....etc

Quest Reward:
Getting 50% of cash back for the good they have purchase ?

Description: Which Market sector and Suppliers is most suitable/stable
Next, you will have to decide which market sector will be your reference point. You can open a boutique to sell high-quality products at high price, or you can establish a "second-hand market" which usually attracts customers by its low prices.
Then some tips such as what work best for beginner, what to sold and in what line.
(Best is to start from selling foods, These are all the most basic needs for humans).
Put 2 link there (city Market): 1 is rich customer, another 1 is poor customer.

Well as in real life, rich customer always tend to be more fassy, they required good service, good quality, good brand and pricing may not be thier main priority. ... etc.
Where as poor customer, their main concern would be pricing factor.

Quest 4: Open another store in different region/country

Quest Tips:
A city market link ?

Quest Reward:
Give them a title, Young Enterpreunier dono how to spell  ? rather then we dono how we obtained the title  

Quest 5: Getting a Supplier
Automatic purchase is only valid for first setting up of store and the 2-3 day.
Make them know more of why need a supplier, give them the option to buy from an independent supplier of all kind goods for the store in the first 2-3 days ?

This required the admin to do something. Revise the automatic purchase, make them type in some amount of goods to order from an independent supplier, which only allow for the 2-3 day ? more or less. and only allow them to open warehouse on the 4 day.

Quest 6: Getting a reliable/Stable Supplier,
Make them get use to looking for other supplier, so they could see that independent is selling so much higher ....more description..etc.. Ofcouse every Quest required reward  so people will continue their Quest.

Make more Quest which will occupies their time for first time play around 4 hrs. should be okay... So after putting so much time, I'm sure they will come back on the second day to have a look at their hard working hrs  

Maybe something is missing there..... training... Advertising... think of it  

The above I said is for those who pick commerce as a gift.
Just don't let them have 2 many option at the beginning. ( Do not allow them to start production for maybe 1st week ? or less 3 days ?

Then you should have another gift ? Production ? Livestock ?... same put some quest there. Something like above
So Commerce, Production, Livestock, should have keep them playing for 9 days .

Or make it no gift just cash... so on the registration page wil ask them what line you prefer... then continue with quest.

Please Comment Okay ?       

• Page:
Message list:  

7.01.2010, 00:22

eVVe

Sorry for some of you... I move this thread to a more suitable place Well 

7.01.2010, 01:56

ShadowProwl

I like your suggestion. The quests should really help give a new player a sense of direction. Right now they set goals and we're struggling to find a way to achieve them.

Also, if a player doesn't take the "uncle's gift", it would be nice if he/she would instead get an extra bit of money to start up. Right now the other option means you're down 3-5 million. 

7.01.2010, 13:25

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Some really great suggestions there, you've obviously put a lot of thought into it.

I disagree with you on one small point, "Make more Quest which will occupies their time for first time play around 4 hrs. should be okay... So after putting so much time, I'm sure they will come back on the second day to have a look at their hard working hrs   "

4 hours play on the first day might be a bit much. I had virtonomics bookmarked for weeks before I even registered, if it took 4 hours of my time before I even got to see anything happen I wouldn't still be playing.
Note: I'm all for it if there is an option to spend more time on the game at the start, just not if it is required.

Things get a little long-winded here so I've underlined the important stuff so no-one will miss anything if just skim reading.

What I see as the major drawback for the game in the early stages is the pace of the game. The once daily updates are great once you have something to do in your company, but in the early stages there are times when you may have nothing to do for several consecutive updates. This can be boring and frustrating, which could be a reason many players don't continue playing. Some suggestions:

1. Have "quiz" type quests.
Once the quest begins the player is asked a few questions. They then have time to search forums, read helpfiles and FAQ page for the answers.
After the next update they then enter their answers and confirm. After another update they receive their reward if successful. If unsuccessful they could receive hints on where to look, or give them the answer and present them with another question.

2. "Bridging" quests.
Very similar to eVVe's "quest for beginner" suggestion.
Have a separate quest for each step of the required actions. Start with the basics like opening the enterprise, adding staff, etc. Lead them through the steps to show them there is a clear process, and an optimal order in which to do the steps. Not having to wait for an update for the very basic stuff would be a big + too.

3. Reworking of quest rewards.
Money is important as always, but with the new reform, qualifications have become the biggest obstacle to successful company growth.
If it was possible to get qualifications to a level that could support 5-10 subdivisions within a short period of time I'm certain the conversion rate for registrations->active players would increase. A lot of people wouldn't have the patience to grow their company to a stage where the game really gets interesting.

4. A sub-realm for new players.
Have new players begin playing on a sub-realm that updates 2-3 times a day. Once they reach a set size their company is moved to the main realm, or earlier if they choose to.
Could be problems with orders and supply doing this though, possibly have independant suppliers as the only source of goods. It should keep server load down as only the new player's enterprises would need to be updated then.

5. More quests and/or small company contests.
Basically a less detailed copy of eVVe's suggestion.Very we!
Competition and tenders make things more exciting, but that will fade if there is no chance of winning. Having a level playing field or solo goals will offer achievable rewards. Rewards could be simple like goods, low level tech licenses or game cash.

6. Ability to buy VIRTs for real money combined with a proper VIRTs market.
The system of transferring paid points for game cash has been successful for other games. It would allow paid services/benefits for "free".
The payment is the same but benefits are shared between players

7.01.2010, 21:46

Last time edited : 7.01.2010, 21:53

janie
Single corporate chevron Eight years with Virtonomics Spacesuit astronaut Santa Claus boots BugHunter The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

ShadowProwl, mmm... my company begin without "uncle's gift". No problem. I am talking about Lien. Less than two weeks. Nearly 100 million.
Just play. 

7.01.2010, 22:12

Last time edited : 7.01.2010, 22:12

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

yes, on lien realm is a little bit easier...the prices of foodstuff are higher than on mary realm... 

7.01.2010, 22:19

Last time edited : 7.01.2010, 22:36

janie
Single corporate chevron Eight years with Virtonomics Spacesuit astronaut Santa Claus boots BugHunter The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Lien on all in short supply, I think, just something to make ... anything. And be happy. Food is simple and fast, and all can, yes. At Mary I, too, have their own plans and his own company ... but there I consciously took a good luck gift. But there without him in one million is quite real.
I do restart and prove Well The dispute. In Mary.

Ps. Sorry for my English. I'm from Russia. 

7.01.2010, 22:44

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

it's OK...my english also isn't fantastic ;) 

8.01.2010, 02:56

ShadowProwl

It's hard when you know nothing about the game and the manual/wiki is incomplete, lacking detail, at times poorly explained, etc. And even so Lien isn't too bad - you're down a million or two. But on Mary you're down a whole lot more than that.

Anyway, good luck. I wait for you to prove me wrong. Well

Another suggestion: for the supermanager's quest, why not make it so that subdivisions on holiday don't count? The way it is, people like me who find out a few days in how the whole efficiency thing works (and I count myself fortunate for getting so much help from the community) will either have to close subdivisions and waste a good chunk of their starting cash, or restart. Quite discouraging, I have to say. 

8.01.2010, 03:17

eVVe

Come chat room.... Shadowprowl 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Suggestions: Quest For Beginner !!

• Page: