Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Suggestion: Create Tutorials for the game

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 9.12.2009, 23:47

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 14:59

Joshuawhelan

Recently, I've told afew of my friends to play the game, but they didn't continue to play as they didn't understand what to do.

I also had trouble when I started, as it took some time to work out.

Would tutorials perhaps solve this problem for new future players?   

• Page:
Message list:  

10.12.2009, 15:19

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Tutorials won't make all trial players become long term players, but would probably increase the conversion rate.

It is quite an in depth game, which can be a little overwhelming at first. Hopefully reverting back to free play will give new players a better chance to get to grips with the game.

Even if a tutorial didn't help, it certainly wouldn't hurt 

11.12.2009, 16:51

JuleBCN

The idea with tutorials is actually very cool!! Youtube's calling for you, guys!Well 

11.12.2009, 18:24

JuleBCN

and you could get points or VIRTs for thatTo wink 

12.12.2009, 00:49

Joshuawhelan

Hehe sweet. ^_^

How about getting a group of experienced players together then? We could help the new people to hope they stay playing forever, instead of just giving up. 

12.12.2009, 12:38

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

What JuleBCN meant was that anyone was free to create a tutorial, and those that did may be rewarded with points or virts.

I know you were thinking about an in-game tutorial, but a player created blog or video based tutorial isn't a bad idea.

Reading through the forums (especially FAQ section) should give you a good idea of some things to cover.

For those that don't have the time or inclination to create one, maybe you could add some suggestions for things to include. 

16.12.2009, 23:24

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Ha !!!
You can consider me a new Player but experience in the biz world.

I would say i have a very good strategy for new starter.... 10 mil in 3 days. 

17.12.2009, 00:16

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i noticed that...where did u get all that foodstuff for your stores? 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Suggestion: Create Tutorials for the game

• Page: