Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Money

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 25.09.2009, 18:23

Jakeroberts_123

I''d like to think i'm doing quite well now on this game. There is a problem though i have too much cash, i hate to think how much money the top companies have lying around. I can't spend it fast enough and it just keeps building up. I'm not complainig bu i was wondering if there's anything worthwhile and sufficient for me to invest my money in. If the loans system was up i'd loan it all out, but it isn't. Even if i sat at my computer all day building new farms it would take like the entire day to spend all my cash...
Thanks   

• Page:
Message list:  

25.09.2009, 23:42

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

have the same problem...it's kind a boring isn't it? Well 

26.09.2009, 06:58

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

give it to less fortunate... Donate some resources in terms of raw materials and goods... or lower the price of your goods...Very we! 

26.09.2009, 15:09

Jakeroberts_123

I still want to make as much profit as possible, i just want something substantial to spend it on To you 

21.10.2009, 09:05

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

lol i only have 150m and THATS hard to spend... 

21.10.2009, 12:11

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

How can it be hard to spend when in another thread you mention you are having a hard time finding supplies?

In the 5-6 days since my grain farm auction ended I've spent in excess of 750 million, and I'm pacing myself... 

22.10.2009, 07:01

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Fractal, finding supplies is different to having money. Some products cost too much to produce and then sell to my self to make a product. And i don't want to over pay for products when it's not convenient for my products. I am spending money, by making new factories and making new products. 

22.10.2009, 08:53

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

Finding supplies is and isn't different to having money. You could spend it on warehouses and stock up on supplies (direct relation - not different) or spend it on factories (indirect relation - different).

If you can't produce products for competitive prices, try looking at the reasons why. Even paying quite high prices for raw materials my semi-product factories still make a profit (some have very low profits, but none make a loss).

If you keep a single level lab in one of the African countries you can research low level techs very cheaply, sometimes this is all it takes to get a factory into a competitive position. 

22.10.2009, 11:12

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

sound advice, Fractal.  i'm trying to turn a profit for one of my bought companies, and it's proving hard - mainly because i bought it to supply myself, but the factory is producing too much, and there are no buyers even though the price (at least according to me) is competitive.

there's just not the demand like there used to be. may just need to sell it of write it off 

22.10.2009, 17:36

m:
Company 2.0

The uncertainty is starting to clear up now and people will have a better idea of what they have and what they need. If you can keep it going for a few more days it might give other players a chance to build some factories to take advantage of the current situation.

Are there any factories you could build or expand to increase demand in the meantime? 

22.10.2009, 19:54

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

it's really sad.  i've now been ranked 1 for Bijourterie production, and there's still a lot more orders.  next upgrade would be for 5000 workplaces.  still tossing up whether i should increase factory size coz i can't really know if all the orders not filled are 'genuine' or just left over from inactive players or players who have since left.

building a plastic factory which will also use some dye coz plastic supplies had also not been very stable

even with a biggish plastic fatory + super size bijourterie factory, won't use up 1/2 dye produced, and for a while, dye supply/quality/price was not reliable.

my hunch is some players still have grace days left, but are not actively playing, so quality and quantity still fluctuates.
will have to wait some more to see.  

when plastic factory is finished, will see how much dye i can use up to keep the chem factory up.  if it stays too unprofitable, may have to give it up.  

certainly is harder to work trends out now, with every body else probably also re working strategy 

13.11.2009, 14:30

VERYOLDWITCH

hi guys,

i have a little problem i was trying to get 100 points then it did not work then i tried 200 points but it did not work, then i realised that each time i did this i got a new bill, so i had to many bills how can i cancel them please? 

19.11.2009, 00:12

Joshuawhelan

Veryoldwitch, I had the same problem.
I mailed support and they gave me what I didn't recieve, must be a bug. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Money

• Page: