Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Store Reputation

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 22.09.2009, 02:52

johnwalters06

Whats up guys,

These are 2nd day numbers.

I lost money on my first day bc I spent 150000 on advertising, radio and press. I just knocked it down to press only for the time being bc it will sustain my store's reputation. Is 184.82 a relatively good rating or should I boost it?

These stats are for a 100m2 store, in a residential neighborhood...

Store reputation 184.82

Advertising efficiency 100.00 %
Number of visitors 58 per week
Visitors wealth index 540

I sell foodstuff products... about 10 different products...4 employees...

Qualification of employees 6.40 (city average 5.70)
Employees in training: 4 Weeks left: 2 Price per week: 5 472.00$

Staff efficiency
100.00 %

Office efficiency
100.00 %

Top manager efficiency
70.50 %

Work efficiency
70.53 %

What would you do if you were me...

1.) increase size of store?
2.) build a new store?
3.) hire more employees?
4) ?

I'm trying to get the hang of this. It seems fun.   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.09.2009, 03:04

balser

Advertising:
You should always continue to advertise. However, you should look for a sustainable rate for each store because as you have more stores it will become more time-consuming to adjust for each store. By sustainable, I mean make sure your store is still profitable after advertising.

If I were you I would:
Open a new store (or several). Build stores in places where prices are high (usually taxes are also high). These places will give you better margins because your suppliers charge one price internationally while stores can sell at local prices. As far as employees go, always keep just enough or a little more than enough. Having too much does nothing for you and may actually hurt you as customers may be bothered by their constant presence.

Starting out, all your stores should probably be at the outskirts of town instead of the residential area. The more expensive areas are generally used when you have very high quality stock for sale. 

22.09.2009, 11:03

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

balser
Advertising:
You should always continue to advertise. However, you should look for a sustainable rate for each store because as you have more stores it will become more time-consuming to adjust for each store. By sustainable, I mean make sure your store is still profitable after advertising.

If I were you I would:
Open a new store (or several). Build stores in places where prices are high (usually taxes are also high). These places will give you better margins because your suppliers charge one price internationally while stores can sell at local prices. As far as employees go, always keep just enough or a little more than enough. Having too much does nothing for you and may actually hurt you as customers may be bothered by their constant presence.

Starting out, all your stores should probably be at the outskirts of town instead of the residential area. The more expensive areas are generally used when you have very high quality stock for sale.

False. The expensive areas care more about quality than the cheaper areas, but you can still do well selling only q1 goods. The expensive areas also get more visitors which means more sales.

I agree with opening more stores, especially in new regions as your top manager efficiency is already reduced. 

22.09.2009, 12:46.     Subject: Is 182 a good store reputation? How High Should It Be?

johnwalters06

Is 182 a good store reputation? How High Should It Be? 

22.09.2009, 12:52

Last time edited : 22.09.2009, 12:59

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

johnwalters06
Is 182 a good store reputation? How High Should It Be?
Answer depends on your ambitions. If you are planning to enter TOP-10 in retail, then you should raise reputation to 380-500. If you are planning to have small shop, then you can have reputation like 0-10.
Try to analyze other players and shops.
P.S.: TOP-shops in your city . Also you can find all shops in city in reports from your shop. 

22.09.2009, 13:05

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

johnwalters06

These stats are for a 100m2 store, in a residential neighborhood...
Store reputation 184.82

1.) increase size of store?
2.) build a new store?
3.) hire more employees?
4) ?

Very big reputation for you now, and you may increase shop's size, and do not train workers until they have less than average city salary 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Store Reputation

• Page: