Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> how to buy and sell technology?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 15.09.2009, 03:10

Kee50
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

I've got some questions on how to buy and sell technology.

I've tried selling it but its been a week now and nobody bought my technology.
If i wanted a higher technology to be mine for all enterprises, can i buy it straight for all of my factory needs?
And what determines the actual sale of my researched technology?

Pls. do help.. I've got a lvl 4 bakery technology on the way and my lvl 2 and 3 are not selling any. It's a waste of too much money and i can't benefit from it.   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.09.2009, 08:20

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Are you trying to sell licenses or the tech itself?

License sales depend on price and demand. If there is no demand there will be none sold.
If there is a demand, then the player who has offered the license for the lowest price will sell it first. If there is demand and you aren't selling your licenses, maybe you should try lowering your prices.

If you are not actually using the tech yourself it is hard to justify the costs. Primary income source for tech is through increased quality output of factories.

Making profit by tech/license sales is possible, but only when you get to the higher end of the scale.
You will probably not make a profit with tech level 4 if the current tech level known in the world is 10.
If however you were the one with the 10th level tech, you would likely make millions.

Many players are researching their own techs now, so demand is decreasing while supply is going up. If you hope to make a profit from tech it will take a large investment and a concentrated effort on just 1 or 2 techs. 

15.09.2009, 10:51

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Just to make sure, you have offered your technology to sale, right?

The technology is sold if another player buys it; but if for example the price is 50 Million and there are 5 sellers, the profit is shared by all sellers (depending on their selling price).

Of course you can buy any tech for your enterprises on the market, you don't have to invent it yourself. you can also buy a tech 4 and invent tech 5 right away. Because machinery for tech 4 level is cheap now,  below tech 4 is not popular anymore: Today for the mill, 62 players offer T2, 14 players offer T3, 5 players offer T4.

my personal observations:

If your are the first one to invent a certain tech level you will have a nice boost in asset value, but it drops as soon as other people invent the same. Maybe its to late in this world to have a big successful tech business because
a) the government (game developer Diska/JDS company) has the market in control
b) most players can only sell 10 techs per turn
c) key advantage of inventing tech are savings to buy it, and accessibility for some specific products*; but if you do not produce high quality instruments** you need to buy it,  final inventing cost (including cost of equipment) may be similar as buying the tech on the market, but with less hassle and waiting time.

Inventing and installing higher tech means that you are going to convert for example 230'000 of cash for one single machine of quality 9.31 (tech 6 needs 8.59) into a asset value of approx 21'145 only *** ...  starting from tech 6 invention, a factory for the same product of the previous level is needed to invent that level (e.g. invent tech 6 need a tech 5 factory, invent tech 7 need tech 6 factory etc).

* Certain high level technology is not sold by the inventors, or only after they invented the next 1 or 2 levels..  to keep their advantage of own, highest production quality)

** high quality instruments get down to a silica mine;  only owners of a silica mine quality 5/ makers of own chips & instruments can compete beyond tech level 6 equipment production without big losses

*** just divide the value of your "Equipment and technics" value by the amount of machines (value of tech may have  a bit influence as well). 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> how to buy and sell technology?

• Page: