Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> How to avoid Bankruptcy?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 7.09.2009, 10:45

buusa
Seven years with Virtonomics

Is there any formula to follow and therefore to avoid bankrupt.
Is there any ratio, difference... whatever?

What are the conditions that make companies to bankrupt?

I can't find anywhere if explained already.

Regards,   

• Page:
Message list:  

7.09.2009, 11:41

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Its just like in the real world:  If you have no cash you will be bankrupt; if you can sell assets to may get back on track. Without cash, you can't do anything anymore except selling products and/or subdivisions to get back some $$, ordered products won't get supplied etc.

I think after some turns staying below 0 cash, your company will be labeled bankrupt.. sorry i don't wanna try to confirm this statementTo wink 

*********************************************************************************
>> be nice and click the "rate" button if a forum post was helpful - thanks! <<
*********************************************************************************
"Spending a few millions a day - will take all sorrows away" :-)

7.09.2009, 13:37

buusa

I had operating company around -700 M$ for several weeks. Of course I tried to make profit. In this cashless situation I managed to turn the company into right direction and then... just bankrupt.

If software developers don't want to publish the algorithm then they should send informative messages week or couple before the bankrupt... "like in the real world". 

7.09.2009, 19:01

KiGGi
m:
KiGGi International

i think u get bankrupt once ur assets worth is less then the money u are in debt. like, if ur assets are 50mill, and u have -55mill, then u are bankrupt. 

7.09.2009, 20:07

NLBANK

I can help you maybe how much for the London store?? 

7.09.2009, 20:55

Fandorin_87
Five years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
l:
ZAO Ural

buusa
Mike1 is right. If you have no cash certain time (I don't know what), you became bankrupt So-so 

22.09.2009, 11:57

buusa

Banckrupt is welcoming me again.

... and I don't know why the rules are hided and changed. (development says no transactions can take place as there is negative cash balance - which is OK - just cuople of days after your database problem it was possible)

The game has good idea and general structure is very OK comparing with other economic games.

I think as the credit sales is common in all the world where legal economics is used, so, it should be used also in this game.

I understand that it might cause some software development issues like debt handling etc. At the same time as you don't try to manage money supply (can be bought by virts) there should be no problem also to check the debts.

You, developers, should think about it. It makes more realistic and flexible. Everybody wants to make profit and everybody wants to struggle out from unliquid positions.

.. and distribute your bankrupcy rules by FAQ or forum. Why to hide them? 

22.09.2009, 17:18

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

One thing that may help you make more profit is to keep stores to 1 department.

Stores with 2 or more departments have a sales modifier applied that reduces sales of all items in the store.

You may find that having 1 store that sells foodstuff and 1 store that sells grocery items will increase your revenues and profits much more than having 2 stores that sell both foodstuff and grocery items. 

22.09.2009, 17:26

VLTrader

Fractal
You may find that having 1 store that sells foodstuff and 1 store that sells grocery items will increase your revenues and profits much more than having 2 stores that sell both foodstuff and grocery items.

It's right only for small stores(100-1000m) and for 10k and 100k better to have 2nd variant.
For 10k with 2 departments profit will increase in 1.3-1.5 times,
for 100k with 3-4 departments profit will increase in 1.5-2 times. 

22.09.2009, 17:32

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Thanks VLTrader, I didn't know that. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> How to avoid Bankruptcy?

• Page: