Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> How do you block a player?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 27.11.2021, 18:15

BLACK187
Three years with Virtonomics
m:
BlackRose

How do you block a player that adds themselves as a supplier to my stores? The prices cost me hundreds of millions. I've had this happen twice now: Schmatko and Monarch. Why play a game that others can ruin? Any help is appreciated.   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.11.2021, 21:11

kw2585
Twelve years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

The only way to avoid getting ripped by such scumbags is to have all your purchase orders set to auto-cancel when price reaches a fixed $ value (you type it in), not the default 10% raise. Otherwise, they will raise the price by 9,9% every day and eventually get you to bankruptcy.

Go through all your subdivisions and manually adjust the settings of every single purchase order you have, without any exceptions. 

28.11.2021, 11:14

BLACK187
m:
BlackRose

kw2585
The only way to avoid getting ripped by such scumbags is to have all your purchase orders set to auto-cancel when price reaches a fixed $ value (you type it in), not the default 10% raise. Otherwise, they will raise the price by 9,9% every day and eventually get you to bankruptcy.

Go through all your subdivisions and manually adjust the settings of every single purchase order you have, without any exceptions.

So the 10% doesn't work? How do large players manage all their subdivisions manually?

I'm pretty sure that neither of those two companies were my suppliers before I noticed it since I was using other suppliers already. Sounds like their is a serious bug with the game.

Thanks for replying! 

28.11.2021, 11:30

Last time edited : 28.11.2021, 11:30

BeriyaL
Belgian chevron Dentist Triple corporate chevron Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Monarch

BLACK187

So the 10% doesn't work? How do large players manage all their subdivisions manually?

I'm pretty sure that neither of those two companies were my suppliers before I noticed it since I was using other suppliers already. Sounds like their is a serious bug with the game.

Thanks for replying!
I roll!

It looks like this is a very serious mistake in your education if you need to explain such simple things. 

28.11.2021, 13:26

kw2585
Twelve years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

BLACK187

Thanks for replying!

The game mechanic for % price inrease allows the supplier to increase price up to the set % value every day. So you shouldn't rely on it. Instead, set a maximum $ value to which the supplier may increase the price.

So, every time you order something, always fill in the "price over", never leave it at zero. If you type nothing, the supplier may increase price indefinitely.

It's also wise to set a minimum quality as well.

As of those two sketchy characters suddenly showing up on your supplier lists even though you didn't order anything from them, is because they buy subdivisions from bankrupt players and the subdivisions come together with the old purchase orders.
That's why you should set the maximum $ price inrease for every single supplier, even those who you trust.

BeriyaL

It looks like this is a very serious mistake in your education if you need to explain such simple things.
You don't have to be such a prick, you know that? There is no contest for the most unfriendly personality where you could win a prize. 

28.11.2021, 14:45

Last time edited : 28.11.2021, 14:46

BeriyaL
Belgian chevron Dentist Triple corporate chevron Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Monarch

kw2585

BeriyaL

You don't have to be such a prick, you know that? There is no contest for the most unfriendly personality where you could win a prize.
1. I did not insult you. Although you are not pleasant to me. This is your upbringing problem.
2. There is no reason to be an idiot who only uses his head to eat. Normal people use their heads to think. 

28.11.2021, 21:10

BLACK187
m:
BlackRose

kw2585 - Thank you for the explanation. I will start doing that.

beriyal - Your responses are of no value.  You may want to get a grammar checker, too. I roll! 

2.12.2021, 01:30

JohnSherman
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
m:
VDG-COMP

Hi Black,
Beriyal is known and a 'convicted' leecher. I want encourage you and others to post facts/screenshots of other players practicing gouging here: Link 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> How do you block a player?

• Page: