Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Nobody is coming to my auto repair shop

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 6.10.2020, 17:31

marvinlehmann20
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Three years with Virtonomics

Hello,
I tried establishing more services in my company and started an auto repair shop. It's popularity is at 228, but it has 0 visitors! I set up supply and have 2 car parts in storage.
Thanks for your help!   

• Page:
Message list:  

6.10.2020, 21:00

Konstantinopel
Nine years with Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
m:
Things N Stuff Wordwide

You ask $300 000 !!!

Try $30 000 

6.10.2020, 21:48

marvinlehmann20
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Three years with Virtonomics

Konstantinopel
You ask $300 000 !!!

Try $30 000
The prime cost for the car parts is 250k per piece... 

7.10.2020, 02:20

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

marvinlehmann20
Konstantinopel
You ask $300 000 !!!

Try $30 000

So ask the company who sold you the car parts:
"how am I supposed to make any profit if I buy car parts for $250K?

7.10.2020, 07:16

marvinlehmann20

Wonson
marvinlehmann20
Konstantinopel
You ask $300 000 !!!

Try $30 000

"how am I supposed to make any profit if I buy car parts for $250K?"
Look it up. Car parts. There is no one selling it even close to 30k. 

7.10.2020, 07:21

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
MacNab Inc.

marvinlehmann20
Wonson
marvinlehmann20
Konstantinopel
You ask $300 000 !!!

Try $30 000

"how am I supposed to make any profit if I buy car parts for $250K?"
Look it up. Car parts. There is no one selling it even close to 30k.

Of course nobody is. Car parts require duralumin alloy, made of bauxite and copper pyrites - two resources not available from independent suppliers. You need to pay real money for mines to get those resources, so nobody will sell bauxite and copper pyrites for cheap.

If you cannot produce car parts yourself, I would suggest trying to find profit elsewhere. 

7.10.2020, 14:01

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

Hi Marvin

welcome to the game! Good to see you're venturing out into new businesses!

Your question is a very valid one and touches on some inefficiencies of the game's engine imo. So in Jonkoping there are no sales being made in auto repair shops. What does that mean? Cars in Jonkoping don't break down? Do people repair everything themselves? Or do people just buy a new car whenever something breaks down? Well, sure they do because sedans (albeit only Q1) only cost 200k at local suppliers there. So why would you pay 300k to get it repaired??

2 questions raise in my head:
1: why doesn't the price for a new sedan go up, given that there are no players offering them?
2: is the price of auto repair related to the price of new cars?

Anyway: auto repair in Jonkoping isn't profitable, so either you try something else there (eg car alarms) or you try to sell your subdivision (will be hard)...

Cheers

JN 

7.10.2020, 19:51.     Subject: Thanks

marvinlehmann20

Thanks everyone!
I will close the subdivision and look for other ways to get money. I wouldn't be that far without the great forum community! 

8.10.2020, 00:20

ChrisTekk
Egypt retail leader Belgium Retail Leader Italy retail leader Shock-worker of Virtonomics Kindergarten's Leader Power Plants Leader Double corporate chevron Science: master
Agriculture: bachelor The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Greece retail leader Tenderman
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Freezer Washer Restaurateur Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Medicaster Top Technologist Retail Elite
Fitness Tycoon Five years with Virtonomics Lithuania retail leader Latvia retail leader Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Finland retail leader Governor Spain retail leader United Arab Emirates retail leader Saudi Arabia retail leader Mali retail leader Kuwait retail leader France retail leader
World's retail leader Leader in technologies
m:
EcoTech SE

You could also try to do some market research:  What type of repair shops are out there, serving many customers? What's the price level?  Can you offer at such price? 

8.10.2020, 21:16

Last time edited : 8.10.2020, 21:17

Geniticer
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Single corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Top Technologist Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Geniticer Incorporated
n:
G Invest
m:
Geniticer International

You should had tried out an different specialization first,

The thing about auto repair is that you shouldn't give up so easily at first, like try out doing Car Alarms or Basic Car Repairs, or Tire service. The ones with Car body parts and ''CarParts'' are only profitable if made yourself.

Stay away from specialization with Carparts and Car Body parts (Door thing), all the other specialization without those parts should make you a profit.

And also Equipment Quality and Worker Qualifications also has some say in the quality of service which attracts customers too, including advertisements and pricing.

Good Luck! 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Nobody is coming to my auto repair shop

• Page: