Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> purchases fail

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 24.06.2020, 16:25

bolero3232
Eight years with Virtonomics

Why do all of my orders fail? I can't buy anything.
I quit in frustration a few months ago, and I thought I'd  try one more time.   

• Page:
Message list:  

24.06.2020, 16:36

kw2585
Twelve years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

Perhaps you order from suppliers who have zero items left available? Meaning, all the stock offered by given subdivision have already been ordered by other players. It is also possible that the others, who placed their orders before you, increased quantities they are ordering, leaving less or none to you.
Or maybe you are ordering from a warehouse which only offers a one time deal and no more supply is anticipated. 

24.06.2020, 18:42

bolero3232

Well, I make sure to order from suppliers with substantial inventory. I do select one time order; is that a problem? 

24.06.2020, 20:01

kw2585
Twelve years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

I was referring to some of the warehouses that do not sustain constant supply. Once the stock is sold out, there's nothing more to purchase.
Ordering directly from a factory is probably the most safe way, although not 100% fail-proof 

24.06.2020, 21:09

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

bolero3232
Well, I make sure to order from suppliers with substantial inventory. I do select one time order; is that a problem?
Maybe it is. "One Time Order" means contract will be automatically cancelled after one update.
So, in effect, you cut your own supply by ticking "One Time Order".
At least your explanation conveys this. 

24.06.2020, 23:20

bolero3232

So, how or when would a one time order go through?

I've placed and order through my own mill, and another order from an outside sheep farm. I'll post an update as to how these go. I  hope you guys won't mind following up with your thoughts afterwards. 

26.06.2020, 11:22

bolero3232

My internal order from my mill succeeded, but the external order from the sheep farm is still in limbo. I guess that it hasn't dropped yet is a good sign?

Are there NPC enterprises or is everything player owned? 

26.06.2020, 13:25

kw2585
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

Yes, there are couple of non-player suppliers. They provide basic raw materials like iron ore, oil, grain, grapes, sugar. Always at quality Q=1,0. Easy to spot them on the suppliers page - in the column with available quantities it says "unlim."

Can you post a screenshot of your supply page where you ordered from the sheep farm? 

26.06.2020, 17:46

bolero3232

I've taken a s/s and cropped it, but I'm afraid I can't figure out how to add it here. 

26.06.2020, 18:38

kw2585
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

You can try for example Postimage or Imgur to upload your picture and get a direct link to it

Then you post it here like this: [.img]link[./img] without the dots 

29.06.2020, 19:05

bolero3232

It looks like my purchases are coming through. I'll put in for various types of contracts and see if I can pinpoint what the problem was.

Thanks for your help kw2585. I appreciate your time. 

29.06.2020, 20:00

kw2585
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

Well, that actually wasn't much help... But make sure that when you place orders, you check the 'available in stock' column to ensure your supplier has enough margin to sustain constant supply. 

1.07.2020, 20:27

bolero3232

Here's something interesting to me...

Yesterday I placed an order, the guy had plenty of inventory. Today, I get a message that it failed. Then I tried to find the supplier, and it was nowhere to be found. It just disappeared? 

1.07.2020, 21:09

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

maybe stopped supplying, maybe all his stock is ordered by a few companies.
in order to find out you should remove the filter in supply pop-up window. this will let you see all the suppliers regardless of their availability:
1. press Advanced Filter
2. change Available to 0
3.press Filter (the blue button)

if you are experiencing supply problems, please be informed there is no such thing as a constant supply unless you know that manager and you have agreed on a constant supply. suppliers come and go, they stop producing, they make a contract with another person, their resources run out or maybe just stop playing. do not base your business on random suppliers. even in real world you cannot base your business on an incognito seller.

to solve the supply problem you want to do one of the followings:
1. produce your own material.

2. find a reliable supplier that promises supply for a known period of time. (99% of people will not even bother replying a message, so this one is usually out, even though this is the correct thing to do in a real business)

3. if you rely on random suppliers you should anticipate your consumption and make a stock for yourself. buy raw materials for 30 days of consumption into a buffer warehouse. name that warehouse buffer, logistics, depot or anything that reminds you the role of that warehouse. be consistent in your naming conventions. check that warehouse every week and order from different suppliers into it. this guarantees that you will have at least 30 days of supply even if no supplier is around for a month.

please remember that other companies cannot be held responsible for your supply. you should adopt a reliable method that guarantees your production.

regards 

1.07.2020, 22:54

bolero3232

Hi Wonson.

I set the Available filter to 0 as you suggested. I don't see that it made a difference in the availability.

I did manage to complete a few contracts, so I have plenty of material to keep running for awhile. It's not really a problem that the supplier in question has disappeared,  it's just curious to me. Maybe it's there and I just can't find it. Not a problem.

I would dearly love to grow my own material. It hasn't worked out in the past. If I get my finances fairly stable I'll try again.

Thanks for the tips. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> purchases fail

• Page: