Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Lab Efficiency and Research Level

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 13.05.2020, 03:56

SunshineExtreme
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
SunshineExtreme Incorporated

My laboratory is stuck on 20% staff efficiency. How do I bring staff efficiency to 100%?

In order to research higher levels of a good, I need to connect the lab to another building. How do I do that?   

• Page:
Message list:  

13.05.2020, 14:22

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

As soon as Industrial Test begins there will be a link in Researches tab which says Subordinated Enterprise: absent. Click on it and a pop-up window will appear to select a subordinated enterprise for industrial tests. Subordinated Enterprise is only needed for technology level 6 and higher.

For the efficiency problem, post the followings:
Number of Equipment, quality and wearout
Number of Scientists and their qualification
Level of technology being researched
Science Top manager level
Total number of employees on profile skill
Efficiency of the office the lab is operating under

Also, in the main page of the lab and in Efficiency section, source of the problem can be identified very easily. It's something like this:
Office 100%
Staff 48%
Equipment 76%
Top-manager 100% 

13.05.2020, 20:26

SunshineExtreme
m:

Equipment number: 20 from 200
Equipment quality: 8.21 (required 3.73)
Equipment wearout: 2.81% (repairing this turn)
Number of scientists: 10 (required 10)
Scientist Qualification: 13.93 (required 4.07)
Level of technology being researched: 3 (already did 2)
Science top manager: 1
Total number of employees on profile skill: 10
Efficiency: 100 / 20 / 100 / 100

So staff is the only one with a problem. 

13.05.2020, 22:55

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

yes. scientists qualification is too high.
science top manager = 1. so the maximum qualification of scientists the top manager can handle is around 2.10.
but the other problem is that by installing equipment higher than required you have already committed yourself to scientists qualification 4.07. so you have two options:

1. downgrade the quality of the equipment to what is necessary (3.73). then reduce the wages to what is necessary, don't overpay the scientists, and hope for the best.

2. if you want to save your machines, reduce wages to get qualification 4.07. your efficiency will improve to around 72%. and live with it till you advance your top manager to the next level. then you will have an easier time. 

14.05.2020, 00:54

Last time edited : 14.05.2020, 01:21

SunshineExtreme
m:

I probably should have just tried reducing the staff efficiency before throwing out all of my machines, but I didn't.  I did adjust the salaries of all of my factory employees because it turns out I had been overpaying all of them and not noticing. Some of the salaries were resulting in double the qualifications I needed. I should have enough money to survive a couple more turns... Oops!

Where am I supposed to find this 2.1 number? 

14.05.2020, 10:52

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

SunshineExtreme
I probably should have just tried reducing the staff efficiency before throwing out all of my machines, but I didn't.  I did adjust the salaries of all of my factory employees because it turns out I had been overpaying all of them and not noticing. Some of the salaries were resulting in double the qualifications I needed. I should have enough money to survive a couple more turns... Oops!

Where am I supposed to find this 2.1 number?

(if you need a few million to bridge this period, set up sales of whatever product at ludicrous prices and send me the link) 

14.05.2020, 17:04

SunshineExtreme
m:

No need, Nash, but thank you for the offer. While I did lose more money than I would have liked, finishing the day with a profit of -62 930 764, I still have a reserve of 160 583 526, which would be enough to get me through today's expenses twice before starting to have issues. I was just paranoid because losing huge amounts of money is not a good thing. If I'm able to vote, you have mine now.

By the way, my efficient laboratory went from "preliminary research" to "done" in one turn thanks to the changes. Thank you Wonson. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Lab Efficiency and Research Level

• Page: