Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> I have questions..

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 29.04.2020, 23:37

Freyda
Eight years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
m:
Freyda Incorporated

Hey everyone,

Here's the situation. I have an underwear factory, which needs 2 fabrics and 1 synth fabric to make 1 piece of underwear. Reasonable. Except that there is literally ONE supplier of fabrics available that won't make my prime cost go so high that I won't be able to make any money off it, and that one supplier is selling in very small quantities. It's barely enough to keep 1/5th of the smallest capacity factory (20 workers) busy.

The whole thing is kinda suss to me, because the second cheapest is almost a 1000% more expensive, and of inferior quality. This trend seems to continue down the production line as well (so cotton fibre, as well as cotton itself). Is the market set up in such a way that it incentivizes buying your own real money resource farms, or what am I missing?
What is the economical benefit to having one small supplier be so far below everyone else that no one seems to want to compete?   

• Page:
Message list:  

29.04.2020, 23:53

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

They don't do it for benefit. Those suppliers intend to help new players survive the first month and collect a capital, part of the Vitra chivalry culture. You can call it incentive if you wish, but that's not the intention behind that.

I just noticed new players get a warehouse filled with some resources from Administration. So young firms can survive without that kind of charity. 

30.04.2020, 00:26

Juvenarius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

What I used to do when I was starting was mixing my own low quality production with higher quality from other players so I'd get something worth retailing at a decent prime cost. It's important to keep manufacturing stuff in order to gain skill levels that allow you to use better technology and become more competitive.

As for the underwear, it's a bit of a hard choice to start with. Cotton is a bit messed up to work with, because you need Q4 cotton(not just a plantation, it has output quality requirement) to make the fibre and then the fabric. I mean... I still can't manufacture underwear for good profits. Selling the cotton is more profitable to me. The one selling a small amount of cotton fabrics is probably just helping new players.

You can always try to negotiate with other players, maybe ask for access to a greater amount. If all else fails, I might be able to help you a bit. I can steal some cotton fabric from my baby clothing factory that should be enough to keep your factory running until next cotton harvest. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> I have questions..

• Page: