Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Oil well - What should I do?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 29.04.2020, 22:22

Juvenarius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

Greetings! I have this oil well (tech 14, quality 2.5, complexity 5) with a bit under 11mil left. The problem is that the bonus to mining that I had when I bought it is long gone and I can no longer extract Q5 oil out of it.
https://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/4688886

I'm trying to figure out what to do about it. My current options are:

extracting oil at low quality; (I think it would be a waste of resources)
waiting 22 years to level without points or extra mines; (pretty much do nothing until I find a better option)
burning up to 28 points in random mines to speed up the leveling a bit; (might be profitable, but I doubt it would speed up much)
spending two points to reset skill level debuff and get extra mines; (resetting the debuff sounds interesting, maybe could be enough to let me extract oil this year)
spending 8 points to reach the minimum skill level for the tech; (it would allow me to start extracting oil, but it sounds like a waste of points)
auctioning the well; (another player with a high skill level might make a better use of the well, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a fair price)

TL;DR: I got an oil well but no skill. What should I do?   

• Page:
Message list:  

29.04.2020, 23:03

Last time edited : 29.04.2020, 23:06

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

what about the 10% quality bonus from business booster?
if you can get Q:5 with one level technology upgrade, then the booster will work and it costs only one point. 

29.04.2020, 23:19

Juvenarius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

Thanks! That's a new possibility! I can spend 2 points on skill to unlock tech level 13 and another point on quality booster. That way I get Q5 Oil and reset the skill debuff spending only 3 points. 

29.04.2020, 23:27

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Apparently you  can overload your TOP manager, and install tech-13 right now.
Your mining qualification on Lien = 13. max tech=12, but you can install tech-13, overloading TOP-2 by one level. but you must compromise on TOP-3 and don't load it by much. Hopefully you don't have 20,000 mining workers and it will work. guarantee. 

29.04.2020, 23:39

Juvenarius
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

Interesting idea... I'm short on cash to buy tech 13 though. I'd need a license instead. However, I just noticed that tech 12 with 10% boost will also beat the Q5 mark: 5.02... Pretty close, but might be a solution. 

6.05.2020, 05:48

orbiter
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Once you've extracted the oil, consider entering into a contract with a player who has better tech/qualifications to turn the oil into high quality materials (e.g. plastics). You could consume the oil yourself, but I think it might be a waste to turn it into something of lower quality than what is possible. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Oil well - What should I do?

• Page: