Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Not selling

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 16.03.2020, 11:23

Frocalo
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

I'm losing money every turn, my stores and warehouse are the only ones making money.

My  weaving mill produces fabric and I set a price in sales but it's not selling. There is 100% efficiency. And I do have fabric in stock.

The same is for my clothing factory.

In my warehouse, I am only selling lab equipment and machines but I've also selected computer and trainers.    

• Page:
Message list:  

16.03.2020, 14:35

Last time edited : 16.03.2020, 14:36

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
MacNab Inc.

Your factories and warehouses can only sell to factories, warehouses or stores (of yourself or of other players). If your price/quality is not competitive, nobody will buy your products. You can go to the Supply tab of your warehouse to check the prices in the market of each product you want to sell.

In stores, you sell to consumers (not players). There, your sales depend on your price and quality compared to the market, and on the sales of other players (if 1 player has the whole market, you will not sell anything in that market). 

18.03.2020, 07:39

Frocalo
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

Thanks for telling me that, one of my stores (in Ferghana) was doing well until I tweaked it a bit. I don't remember what I did but my profitability went from 460% to -92%. The popularity is 17 and  the number of visitors is 244. And my store (in Malmo, the first store I  created) that wasn't doing so well got 90% profitability but that's only $70,000 profit. The popularity is 39 and the number of visitors in 270.

Bread: 10.63 quality, $10
Fish: 4.47 quality, $1000
Salmon: 11.7 quality, $3000 (used to be around $2500  but I saw prices of other companies that were more expensive so I moved it up).

Are any of the prices too high, low or what am I doing wrong? 

18.03.2020, 14:07

peterke
Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Thirteen years With Virtonomics Pearl shell Sandalwood Sicilian olive Italy Gold Italy retail leader
Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Belgium soccer ball Croatia soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Shock-worker of Virtonomics Chemistry Teacher
History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Literature teacher Mathematic teacher High-precision microcircuit High-precision microcircuit "Point and shoot"
"Point and shoot" SLR camera Wine barrel Chewing gum Chewing gum Chewing gum Chewing gum Chewing gum
Chewing gum Chewing gum Chewing gum King of the Fields Citronom Fishing spoon Fishing spoon Ladybug
Watering can Brazil retail leader Gold SIM Kindergarten's Leader Power Plants Leader Silver Ten Silver Ten Golden hook
Angola retail leader Double corporate chevron Denmark retail leader Poland retail leader Honeycomb Leader of the retail trade of Sri Lanka King of the gas station Haloween pumpkin
Haloween pumpkin Vampire Mask Frankenstein Mask Frankenstein Mask Witch Mask Witch Mask The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places
The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places
Merchant Medal III level Calipers Hammer Merit for the Uzbekistan of level III Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state
Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state USA retail leader
Mexico retail leader Russian ball Ball of Costa Rica Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina Ball of Argentina German ball
Argentina retail leader Cuba retail leader Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Greece retail leader Venesuella best retail Freezer Washer
Restaurateur Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Medicaster Netherlands retail leader Retail Elite Fitness Tycoon Fishing Pro Uzbekistan retail leader
Princely mansion United Kingdom retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Forest tycoon Planter Landowner Miner Helmet Governor
Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor
Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor Spain retail leader Turkey retail leader Saudi Arabia retail leader
South Africa retail leader Germany retail leader France retail leader World's retail leader
m:
Global Industries

Frocalo, your prices are too high.

Someone is selling bread for $3.16. Who will pay $10 for your below average quality bread? Not me!

Your price for Salmon is $5000. A competitor, with a much larger store and many more customers, is selling salmon with the same quality for only $3190.

Fish the same story. You are asking the same price as a competitor with a big store and branded products.

Lower your prices and find a city with lower average product quality. Preferably a city without competitors.

Peterke 

20.03.2020, 09:22

Frocalo

I lowered my prices and one of my stores is doing well. It has 939% profitability with $367,000 profit. The service level at the store is less than maximum.

What should I do with my weaving mill and clothing factory? They're just producing things and not selling. I know that they sell to players. 

20.03.2020, 09:48

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
m:
MacNab Inc.

It is hard to sell fabric and clothes as a new player, coz the quality is too low to sell in stores. Keeping them is a drag on your scarce resources. I would focus on finding a product that only requires a low quality to sell, and start producing that. Use the Analytics - Market analysis tab to find interesting markets, and the Analytics - Reference tab to discover what you need to produce goods.

Using the profits of distribution (selling products in your stores) to fund research to increase the quality of your products might also be a good idea. 

20.03.2020, 22:01

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics

MacNab24
It is hard to sell fabric and clothes as a new player, coz the quality is too low to sell in stores. Keeping them is a drag on your scarce resources. I would focus on finding a product that only requires a low quality to sell, and start producing that. Use the Analytics - Market analysis tab to find interesting markets, and the Analytics - Reference tab to discover what you need to produce goods.

Using the profits of distribution (selling products in your stores) to fund research to increase the quality of your products might also be a good idea.

starting in research early is a bad idea. it costs too much. equipment is way too expensive for a new player to afford. And how to finance the research when you are struggling with profitability to begin with....?

If you need higher tech, buy factories with installed higher tech from the second hand market. Sometimes you get lucky with equipment as well because the game values equipment at much lower rate than what it cost brand new to purchase (same thing with raw materials). Also, in certain cities with very high hiring costs, you can get a factory with staff already hired, save you more.

You should atleast be in the 100 millions to consider inhousing research.

I have upto 19/20 tech that I use in factories and farms and most of the tech I use comes from purchased factories that had tech with them. This is especially useful now that you can increase capacity factories without limit. Earlier I would buy a high tech and make my own factories. Now I just buy one license and its all I need if I cant find used factory on the market.

New player should stick to commerce. When you have established stable profits of several millions, then consider going into other things. Ideally, stop your fabric factory as well because its hard to sell to other players unless there is shortage etc..Plus the game is like half dead. I'm guessing no more than a few thousand people play this game regularly. And every now and then a dead player comes back online to dump all his old unsold purchased stock into the market, then its really hard to sell new stock profitably. I just came back after like 2 years and sold alot of stock for basically free to get some cash and start again. And when I couldn't sell enough for throw away prices in wholesale, I went into retail. Now I sell 1.5 million royal jelly per update in retail and it will still take me 40 updates to get rid of all the stock. If I produce this inhouse, I'll be no.5 producer lol. So this kind of thing also happens. 

20.03.2020, 22:11

Last time edited : 20.03.2020, 22:13

faiez

Frocalo
I lowered my prices and one of my stores is doing well. It has 939% profitability with $367,000 profit. The service level at the store is less than maximum.

What should I do with my weaving mill and clothing factory? They're just producing things and not selling. I know that they sell to players.

Sell at price competitive rate even if it is in loss and make sure to set a decent limit on quantity per order as well so you dont depend entirely on just a few customers. Get full orders at this loss making price. Now when you have full orders upto capacity and even more, keep increasing price 9% every update (multiply current price to 1.09 next update). You will lose some smart active players but still retain many, milk them fully Very we!. This trick works because default setting while purchasing is to cancel order if price increases 10% per update and most people dont change that including me.

People abuse this trick alot, I've been a victim as well as a beneficiary of this trick. To give you an example, I had alot of stock of a product that is available from independent supplier at 30/unit. I started selling at 28. Got lots of orders. This update I sold what cost me 30 to some guy (won't name him, because he might read this as he is active lol) for 172. I've so far made upwards of 1 billion from this guy alone. Next update I'll be pocketing about 150 million from just this one guy. All because this guy is not looking at that one factory purchasing such expensive raw material. So that's one trick people do. 

21.03.2020, 15:10

Last time edited : 21.03.2020, 15:24

Geniticer
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Single corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Top Technologist Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Geniticer Incorporated
n:
G Invest
m:
Geniticer International

Hey! new player

I would try to help out aswell.

First of all, You should make sure you got your own sheep farm before deciding to do weaving mill to make fabric. So, meanwhile you could buy fabric from the market for 10 - 15$ ea. And since your production is in sweden you can forget about exporting the products you produce there. But, IF you want to expand and produce in the future and sell to other players, i would suggest you check out Recife in Northeast Brazil for tech 5+ products for a start.

Second, I would recommend you set up a branch of stores in various of cities outside of sweden aswell and make sure you got a cashflow in positive from those to fund your expansion on other areas.

If you're not sure how to setup your store to stay at 100% efficency(which is a most) then you could try to analyse how many workers and their qualification could be by creating an new store to check this data and remember to delete that store if you're not gonna use it afterwards. example 100sq meter store shows you the maximum values of 10 workers and their maxiumum qualification(staff quality) level for your level in commerce. 1000sq/m shows the value of 100 workers and maximum education level/staff quliaty level you can handle right now.

When analysing you may have to change the layout to the old format inside store, and then go down to Top Manager and click on forecast. Remember to also check office after new store is setup.

But remember you could have 500sq/m or 1000sq/m etc size store and sell more goods, and you don't need to maximize the amount of workers that subdiv can have. all you need to remember is to advertise enough that the recommended number of employees does not exceed the number of workers there is on that particular store when advertising, so tweak numbers to what you can handle.

3. Store visitor number depends on store size and advertisements.

I hope this helps!
Geniticer 

21.03.2020, 20:09

Last time edited : 21.03.2020, 20:46

MacNab24
m:
MacNab Inc.

faiez
Frocalo

Sell at price competitive rate even if it is in loss and make sure to set a decent limit on quantity per order as well so you dont depend entirely on just a few customers. Get full orders at this loss making price. Now when you have full orders upto capacity and even more, keep increasing price 9% every update (multiply current price to 1.09 next update). You will lose some smart active players but still retain many, milk them fully Very we!. This trick works because default setting while purchasing is to cancel order if price increases 10% per update and most people dont change that including me.

People abuse this trick alot, I've been a victim as well as a beneficiary of this trick. To give you an example, I had alot of stock of a product that is available from independent supplier at 30/unit. I started selling at 28. Got lots of orders. This update I sold what cost me 30 to some guy (won't name him, because he might read this as he is active lol) for 172. I've so far made upwards of 1 billion from this guy alone. Next update I'll be pocketing about 150 million from just this one guy. All because this guy is not looking at that one factory purchasing such expensive raw material. So that's one trick people do.

Careful, by doing this you will not make many friends, and it might get you blacklisted by other players or even corporations. Not saying that you cannot use this trick - it's a game, you do what you want - but just be aware of the possible consequences, that's all. 

22.03.2020, 15:30

faiez

MacNab24
faiez
Frocalo

Careful, by doing this you will not make many friends, and it might get you blacklisted by other players or even corporations. Not saying that you cannot use this trick - it's a game, you do what you want - but just be aware of the possible consequences, that's all.

he cancelled the order Not so

still a good run though...Very we! 

23.03.2020, 10:07

Frocalo

I created a store and an office in Recife, Brazil. My office's top manager efficiency is around 75%. I tried lowering the number of employees and increasing the salary but I can't seem to increase the efficiency.

I don't know what subdivisions to create in the regions that I already have offices in. I don't know if I should get rid of my cowshed or not. 

23.03.2020, 23:35

Last time edited : 23.03.2020, 23:41

Geniticer
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Top Technologist Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Geniticer Incorporated
n:
G Invest
m:
Geniticer International

75% doesn’t say much to me. But it does tell me your close. So try having like 4workers with like 3.5 staff quality(try adjust up or down) to get that 100effiency in office. You don’t need to close that cowshed, unless your work load in office is higher than 100. And if it is higher than 100% in recife you could just put it on vacation mode and use it later untill you solve this problem.

And to add. I see you wrote that you decreased employees and adjusted salary(and staff quality) higher. Could you tell me the numbers? So i understand. I would in the meantime give you suggestion for a fix with numbers i’ve had success with previously when testing.

In each office i would suggest you try to have around 4-5 workers(staff quantity) and 3,3 - 4 as staff quality for Management level 3-5. You should make sure you got around quality 5 computers as starters. You could also try checking out the old format, and see if it is easier. Idk if you got similar numbers or too high but try to tweak it towarda these numbers and see if that works. But, Once you level up management, you can slowly grow both values while forecasting effiency.

On the old format you could atleast see how high staff quality could be equivalent to your Management level depending on the size of the office. And also remember to do missions/quests if possible.

If there is still problems, come back here. 

24.03.2020, 03:13

Frocalo

The required staff qualification was 12.37. I changed that by removing my equipment which had a high quality but was the cheapest. I bought some equipment that was still high but it lowered the required qualification. Now everything is good.

What I really want to know is what I should build. My office workload is low. 

24.03.2020, 08:44

Last time edited : 24.03.2020, 08:46

MacNab24
m:
MacNab Inc.

Do some research in the Analysis - Market analysis tab to find interesting products to sell (which require only a low quality), and then find out how to produce those. I know it is very hard to start, but you will learn the most by doing this yourself rather than someone else telling you what to do.

Make sure you have enough positive cashflow from a number of retail stores before considering producing yourself.

Also, it is not bad to have a low workload in your offices. I always try to keep it around 50%, so I have room to grow in this region. 

24.03.2020, 21:05

Last time edited : 24.03.2020, 21:43

Geniticer
l:
Geniticer Incorporated
n:
G Invest
m:
Geniticer International

Hey again!

If you're going to try out livestock to make stuff cheaper for Bakery, cheesery, dairy farm etc, i can offer you animals. But i would like you to check out a guide for livestock first in

--> Questions and answers. Help -> All guides and Tutorials (attached) -->  look into usefull links and click on Livestock guide.

I would recommend you to to just build a 300w Animal farm (of your choice) and and don't max it out at first, but try like 60workers on tech 1 - 5 the first few levels. and then add more workers and have 300w in farm.

When buidling your farm, then i suggest you that it gets built in Recife, Northeast Brazil (Mary Server) or some other city on the same region.

Once you get the hang on the basics you can try to experiment yourself and learn, then it actually gets more exciting. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Not selling

• Page: