Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Towers: What determines bandwidth?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 1.01.2020, 21:36

gadsen
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi folks, I couldn't find an answer to this in search so thought I'd ask here.

What does bandwidth depend on for radio towers? I don't mean how much traffic is available ("MB") but what the bandwidth ("kbit/s") is.

I'm sure it's a function of my equipment quantity and quality but it's not immediately obvious to me how they relate. Does it also take top manager IT qual into consideration?   

• Page:
Message list:  

4.01.2020, 18:55

gadsen
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

So far I've figured out that quantity isn't a factor (at least from 1 -> 2).

I'm not sure if manager qual plays into it but I should be able to figure that our next turn when my IT qual increases (probably). 

5.01.2020, 19:51

gadsen

Manager qual (at least from 13 to 14) doesn't factor in either. So I guess it's just quality but the translation of quality -> bandwidth is unknown to me.

I sometimes see people with hundreds of kbit/s of bandwidth but I bought the highest quality equipment on the market (Q14.55) and only wound up with 63.8 kbit/s of bandwidth so they must have the hook-up Well) (I figure either they produce their own or their corp)

Anyway, I hope these posts help a future searcher! 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Towers: What determines bandwidth?

• Page: