Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Early cash investment ideas?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 3.12.2019, 03:44

gadsen
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi friends,

I was hoping some of you might help me think through this situation here.

I was awarded a titanium mine early on which has injected my company with $15B of cash. While it's not a lot of cash, it still makes up 2/3rds of my assets. This seems like a huge waste - I take the view that idle cash means missed opportunity. The more I re-invest, the more I will grow.

Unfortunately, as a relatively new player (three months in now), I can't seem to re-invest enough of it since I'm bottle-necked by my qualifications.

I will definitely reserve some to build new enterprises as my qualification increases but I'm thinking through some other ideas out loud here:

1. I have no idea what I'm talking about, it's not a lot of money at all, and I'm nowhere near close to fully maximizing qualification growth (I'm still learning how this works so extremely likely!)

2. I'm wasting top manager capacity on low-dollar production and I should re-do my market research. I'm currently focusing on the manufacture of foodstuffs and and items from livestock - this has been profitable but Loki's new player buying program is a big contributor to my revenue. Perhaps in terms of a "top1 to income" ratio, there are more profitable (but more expensive to supply) items I could be producing relative to the number of employees I am managing in my production subdivisions.

3. Build some warehouses to speculate and trade on wholesale goods. Have any of you folks had much success here? I haven't been playing long enough to notice if/how the market moves for wholesale products.

4. Invest in bonds when I see good opportunities there. They don't seem to pop up often (or they go really fast) but I did see some today that looked viable.

5. 1. I have no idea what I'm talking about, it's not a lot of money at all, or I'm nowhere near close to fully maximizing qualification growth Cheerfully

Any other ideas? I'm super new, have been reading the forums and all the guides, and am trying to be smart about things but I also don't want to play in a silo.

I'd love to get to know some of you all as well, so don't hesitate to message me in game!

• Page:
Message list:  

10.12.2019, 00:21

Last time edited : 10.12.2019, 00:33

Geniticer
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Single corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Top Technologist Norway retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Geniticer Incorporated
n:
G Invest
m:
Geniticer International

Hey new player

Welcome to Virtonomics.

1. In my opinion you should wait out with your mines till your production Qualification levels reaches higher level (+18 Productions atleast) so you can use higher tech levels and produce better Quality of finnished goods. But you can do it your way, it would just result in lower output and lower quality.

2.  Try Level up your qualifications, (Commerce, Production, Livestock, R&D, Management) By maximizing your Top3 (total number of workers) on each Qualification. These plus Marketing are the 6 Basic skills in the game and are reccomended to keep high as possible. Then you can try to Branch out to other skills while maintaining the ones you can manage.

3. Use your current Capital as an buffer for growth while you practice maximizing Q Skill growth.

4.  Use Commerce as Safe access to Cashflow. Sell goods suitable for you. OR just sell your own stuff in a marked that is not so developed (according to Quality levels).

5. When doing production try using the highest Tech level if your not gonna go for Mass production. If your gonna go fast Levling then try maintaining a relative high amount of workers in 1 subdiv. At your level it should be possible to maintain a 1k worker ea subdivison but below maximum Available Tech level(lv 7-9).

6. IF possible you can try to maintain a Internal chain production line to save costs. (But it may be expensive to maintain early)

7. Virtonomics is a slow-paced game. You gotta be patient with your growth. Early levels are the must hectic ones. and once you reach like Lv 18+ it starts to slow down.

8. Keep having fun. There is so much to do here. Example, you can go to the analytic page -> Market Analysis to check prices  on goods in every city.  You can go to analytic page -> Market Analysis -> Analytic Reviews and check how the city is doing in Retail, How much was produced, etc. 

11.12.2019, 16:05

Konstantinopel
Nine years with Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
m:
Things N Stuff Wordwide

Buying technology is faster then researching it yourself.
When your Production Qualification gets higher you will spend billions on tech. 

14.12.2019, 21:58

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
MacNab Inc.

What I found very profitable was buying stores and warehouses filled with goods from bankrupt companies. You can find these on the Enterprise market. It is time consuming, but can be very profitable if you focus on goods you know well. I made a lot of money with foodstuff and grocery for example. Be careful not to pay too much and be sure you can sell the goods in your own stores in a reasonable time frame. 

20.12.2019, 15:15

gadsen
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thanks for all the responses everyone! Sorry if it seems like I disappeared after I posted. Geniticer sent me some very helpful emails so we were going back and forth there.

Konstantinopel, thank you. I didn't understand this at first until I recently spent my first ~100M on lab equipment and suspect I'll have to do it again for the next level of tech Pancake

MacNab24, that's a fantastic idea, thank you! 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Early cash investment ideas?

• Page: