Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> What equipment is needed for radio towers?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 16.06.2018, 16:46

ryanbentley

I want to produce my own equipment for radio towers instead of purchasing them, as they're quite expensive and I only start with $3m. What is the name of the equipment for radio towers so I can build a factory?

I also wasted money on first trying out the gas stations but had to close it because when trying to buy equipment, none was available for sale and this game doesn't seem to tell you the NAME of the equipment so I also couldn't make a factory for that. Any tips on finding out what specific equipment is needed for things?   

• Page:
Message list:  

16.06.2018, 17:13

Last time edited : 16.06.2018, 17:16

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

https://virtonomics.com/mary/main/common/main_page/game_info/products ...

Producing them will cost you a lot more if you rely on the resources available on the market and as a new player you won't be able to produce high enough quality equipment to make up for it.

If you still like to operate mobile network operators I suggest buying some of the network available from radio towers of other players.

If you like to produce, I suggest starting on producing smaller items and sell them in your shops to build up the equity needed to produce more advanced stuff later. 

16.06.2018, 17:20

ryanbentley

Thanks. There is no network available in the area I started. How do I see which areas have network available?

Also, how do I make my mobile network operator national? Do I need new MNO enterprises per city? Or more radio towers? How does that work.

Thanks 

16.06.2018, 18:06

XDCD
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

It's city based - you'd need a subdivision in each city (this counts for most things).

As for network - you can always message someone active in the city, to find out who check:
https://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/marketing/by_service/423795 ...  

17.06.2018, 08:05

ryanbentley

Thanks again.

One more question: I have the MNO operating but I have no subscribers. I've chosen a price point that reflects the speed of my network, however the service level is still very low.

https://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/5067117 ...

How do I increase this? Surely I should be able to get at least 1 customer? 

17.06.2018, 16:19

Last time edited : 17.06.2018, 16:23

XDCD
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Speed isn't an important factor, for the MNO, it just determines how much brandwith a radio tower generates per turn per tower. (Higher quality equipment means the radio tower will generate much more MB's with the equipment).

For the MNO quality of services matters more, this means quality of equipment and employees in the MNO, as a new player you won't be able to use high quality equipment / employees yet due to top managers qualifications (you'll level this up as you go). Though this does mean you should probably lower the price quite a bit to be competitive for now.

As I have some radio towers in NY I gave you access to purchase network from them fairly cheap for now. Each minute you sell will use 1MB of the network.

PS. advertising will also help Well 

18.06.2018, 13:33

ryanbentley

Thanks. I have set the price to $500 per minute which is half the lowest price right now so hopefully that works. I'm advertising although the efficiency isn't great. 

19.06.2018, 14:50

ryanbentley

Still making no money. Have 0 subscribers. 

19.06.2018, 19:39

XDCD
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Hows the efficiency in your MNO ? (it should always be 100%) 

20.06.2018, 02:30

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

0 advertisement = 0 popularity = 0 customers ... seem to make sense 

25.06.2018, 14:05

ryanbentley

I was advertising the entire time and yet still 0 popularity.

https://gyazo.com/5e0e22182ce67ee6e5018ad1de64b51c ...

I'm pretty sure it's because I am a level 1 manager. The game wants me to P2W to level up 

25.06.2018, 19:59

Last time edited : 25.06.2018, 20:02

XDCD
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Nop, it's your office, with efficiency of 8% no one is going to get any sales in.

Make sure efficiency is always at 100%, you can do this by either lowering salaries, reducing personell and lowering advertisement spending (and possible equipment/computer quality).

Efficiency below 100% will significantly lower your sales. 

29.06.2018, 23:59

leoprofit
Ten years with Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Leonardo Capital

i see your area = new york (you are a sardines in the midst of big sharks) sorry Not so
you need search in cities with low or zero competition with a good education rate (i think), in NY you lost your time and money, look like finland, the market there its limited for stores and another buildings.

i see your profile and you are a beginner and the best choice to start its make many shops, one by one or you broke, just reserve 50% of cash for unforeseen and grow when making more shops when the money allow and top manager too, buy a little goods in the beginning and see if sell, so then you buy more, start with one speciality with foodstoof i advice (its cheap and many units to sell), you can starts with sugar and grapes, independent suppliers can provide you (in unlimited quantity)

have many cities with pays a fortune for that, this a big profit with risk zero.
Raise your salary employees, make the status very high or elite attendance and you sell more. ont forget to advverstising, adjust to 10-20% your revenue.

Have many ways to make profit in virtonomics and the many plaayers broken so easily that stop to play. I broke 2 or 3 times when i started, and the best way to start ist ask for advice or rent shops with the cheap goods saving your money and reducing your bankrupt chances. Make success with a little and grow up later. 

9.05.2019, 16:11

JamesMadison
Golden hook Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
m:
Madison Holdings LLC

Great discussion.  Are you still playing ryanbentley?

JCM 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> What equipment is needed for radio towers?

• Page: