Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Impending bankruptcy.

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 10.05.2017, 11:49

keith.evanssix
Six years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
l:
Wombat Inc
m:
Wombat Inc

Can anyone tell me what happens when you run out of cash, please?

Are you thrown out of the game or simply accrue a debit balance or are your assets randomly seized and sold off or what?

There I was "bobbing" along quietly, getting to grips with making a little profit, doing OK.

Then I got curious and delved into politics. What a mistake to make at my stage of development!

I got myself elected a mayor in a city with a $32m shortfall in its budget. Didn't realise I'd have to make good the shortfall. Can't alter the budget to any such degree that would make good the shortfall and can't resign for 10 updates. So must pay $320m for next 10 updates. Tragic!

That's £320m that I haven't got and can't make!   

• Page:
Message list:  

10.05.2017, 12:21

xcrusader010
One year with Virtonomics
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

G'day, mate

When your cash assets fall below $0, you enter the bankruptcy period, where you have nine or ten updates to recover. I believe when this period expires, all subdivisions are put up for sale, and you have no control.

Number one thing to do would be to issue bonds to cover the potential debt. Not only would you support the budget, but you could also expand on retail/service sectors, and within a few updates the bonds will pay for themselves.

Go to My Company| Bonds, and you will see a list of bond types. I chose "Investment". Issue your bonds, I had 50 pieces for 5bil.

Then, ask a player to buy them, and watch the cash roll in. Ridiculously Be aware that unless you're prepared to make up for the cash, people would be afraid to invest so much money in you and lose their cash. You might have to appeal to their inner human being to win. Very we!

I don't have much money to spare, so I can't exactly buy your bonds, but if you want some extra advice just shout. Well 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

10.05.2017, 12:41

Last time edited : 10.05.2017, 12:48

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Ouch. Yeah politics can be quite an expensive hobby in this game.

If you want I'll help you out with cash for those 10 turns.
Put some 'cheap' item you have in stock for sale for a price of ~500M (to cover costs and taxes) and PM me the details. 

10.05.2017, 16:04

FLP01
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I think the pre-bankruptcy period should be extended as I don't think 10 days is long enough to turn things around. Maybe 14-20 days would be better to pay off debts 

10.05.2017, 16:46

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Bankruptcy should be based on last login time, basically if you haven't logged in the game for a year your company automatically gets liquidated after 7 days (and a email notification), else upwards to 31 days depending on bonds and activity.

Also I too was going to offer paying for your term of ten days, but out of curiosity which city? Might be willing to fund your term To you 

10.05.2017, 17:39

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

I think a company should be allowed to be put on "holiday" mode instead Gamerz, because I left a different game for a year, come back and it's deleted... Tears 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

10.05.2017, 18:17.     Subject: Re:Impending bankruptcy.

keith.evanssix
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
l:
Wombat Inc
m:
Wombat Inc

Thank you everyone for your very helpful replies. Very much appreciated.

I have decided to "bite the bullet" and purchase virt $ with real cash to get me through. Always regarded this as cheating in some way, but needs must - I don't want to lose what modest company I have built for so long. If I only do this to get enough cash to get me out of my foolish error I think I can live with that (too bad if I can't).

And, anyway, the way I look at it is that the real cash I will need to spend is only really what I would have epected to pay for a similar game in the shops. 

10.05.2017, 19:18

Last time edited : 10.05.2017, 22:06

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Aww okey, like I mentioned before, I wouldn't mind giving you the virt $ at all.

The virt $ for points is way overpriced, guess u made a nice donation to the developers though.To wink 

11.05.2017, 19:44

Last time edited : 11.05.2017, 19:48

Hogul_Group
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
C`est Chic
m:
Hogul LLC

Politics - the ultimate sinkhole!

Starting today, apparently, you can get 30% off on purchased points.

Hopefully you didn't buy those points yesterday (on May 10, 2017) - that would be the ultimate insult. 

11.05.2017, 20:41

FLP01
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

You don't think the 30% discount is a response to what people have been saying recently about how points are expensive and that new players may not want to necessarily buy them 

11.05.2017, 22:08

Last time edited : 12.05.2017, 21:10

Hogul_Group
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
C`est Chic
m:
Hogul LLC

It's most likely a reaction to a very noticeable drop-off in points purchases for the 2017 calendar year thus far.

Even with a 50% discount, this game is incredibly expensive - due to the fact that essentially almost all the raw materials and natural resources cost significant amounts of real money to acquire and utilize - very very few people spend more than $20 to $25 monthly maximum for games today (and mostly that total is distributed among several games, not just one game), now that Android has so many very low cost (or even free) games in almost every genre.  

In short, there is a glut of games available, and people appear to be gravitating towards games where costs are low, reflecting a collective mindset that is much more aware of where their dollars are going and what they get in return.   [Which spells trouble for game developers who refuse to adapt].

By that measure, Virtonomics appears to come off looking quite paltry by comparison.

It's been more than 2 years since I've even considered points purchase here.  And since every new feature offered lately seems to "take away" from free-to-play, more people are looking elsewhere for gameplay.

It is what it is, though it pains me to see it happening. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Impending bankruptcy.

• Page: