Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> How Many Customers Can I Have? (Also titled: Crap, I just over did it with the advertising again)

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 10.04.2014, 20:47

Last time edited : 12.04.2014, 17:52

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Background understanding:

Number of customers is determined by basic attendance and store popularity.
-Basic attendance is determined by store size and store location within the city. Overall city population may play into this as well.
-Store Popularity Index (actual attendance above basic attendance) is increased by advertising.

Store Service Level – Impacts customer attitudes and is more important for wealthy customers. Service level depends on the number of customers vs. total store size (less customers per square meter the better), the number of store departments (less is better), quantity and qualification of employees (higher the better), wealth level of the section of the city (higher wealth makes it harder to maintain service level) and store efficiency (100% of course).

Therefore, large advertising can draw so many customers that service level drops and therefore the extra advertising ends up having negative impacts. So advertising is good only up to a point.

My Question:

If my understanding above is correct (and based on posts below), the ingredients that go into store service level are:
# of customers
# of store square meters
# of store departments
# of employees
qualification level of employees
wealth level the section of the city the store is in (for example, in the Snob Area)
type of goods sold
market competition

So, let’s say for example I have commerce qualification level 10 and that allows me to have 100 employees at 7.79 qualification and still be able to maintain 100% store efficiency. Let’s also say I have a 10,000 sq m store, 1 store department and city wealth level 5. Is there a way to determine the maximum customers I can have in the store and still maintain an elite service level with 100 employees qualification 7.79 store size 10,000 with 1 dept in city with wealth level 5?

Does any have advice on how to approach this or a rule of thumb?

Thanks in advance,
G
Ridiculously

THE ANSWER (thanks to all who contributed and special thanks to master retailer XiozZe)

Concepts regarding Elite Quality of Service

Efficiency
For an Elite service level, you need a staff, office and top manager efficiency of 100%, less than 100% reduces the service level.

Quality of Service
Quality of service your customers want
Determined by:
•  Store size
•  District
•  Type of department (i.e. Motor goods vs Foodstuff)
•  Number of departments
•  Wealth level
These have not all been empirically confirmed

Quality of service your customers get

Determined by:
•  Number of Store Employees
•  Qualification of Store Employees
•  Number of Customers (Customer Cap)

To maximize quality of service possible, the amount of employees required and employee qualification should be as high as the top manager allows it to be.  See attached Qualification threads under FAQ for help in this area.

Customer Cap
Each store has a certain maximum amount of customers it can handle. For a 100,000 sq.m. store Fashionable district  with three departments, the customer cap is approximately 150,000 customers. Above that, the service level will never, ever be Elite. A larger amount of departments decrease the customer cap, and an increase in store size will increase it.

Fashionable District
To be known in the future and forevermore, as Snob Area  I roll!

• Page:
Message list:  

14.04.2014, 02:15

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Brand doesn't appear anywhere once your supplies arrive, so should I guess that it has no effect at all. The rest relies on lowest quality of the menu items, advertising, price and capacity (workers+equipment) of the restaurant. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> How Many Customers Can I Have? (Also titled: Crap, I just over did it with the advertising again)

• Page: