Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Lab & subordinated enterprise

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 15.12.2011, 15:34

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
RoMa Inc.

I got a new colourful icon at one of my labs :

When I scroll over it, the message says :

"The influence of a subsidiary on the investigation speed is less than 100%"

When I enter the lab, I get some other information :

"Subordinated enterprise absent (reqired size: 1; technology level: not less 5) "

What does it mean ? Do I have to link the lab to a factory or something like that ? The thing is, the lab is researching a level 6 technology, while all my corresponding factories have level 9 at least (strange, isn't it ? Well ). If I link the lab to a factory, what will happen then ? I hope the level of technology of that factory won't be reduced...   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.12.2011, 15:49

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

You can research level 6 and still can have level 10 in your factory. Obviously you either bought technology or bought license. You just attach one of those factories to lab and research will go on (industrial testing). 

15.12.2011, 19:20

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
RoMa Inc.

Alright, thank you Well 

21.06.2012, 18:30

kangkai1980
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

Now there is a green bulb icon at my factory. The hover message is "Subordinated enterprise".
What does that mean? 

21.06.2012, 23:46

Last time edited : 21.06.2012, 23:52

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

kangkai1980
Now there is a green bulb icon at my factory. The hover message is "Subordinated enterprise".
What does that mean?

Hi,
it means that one of your laboratories is using this factory as "Subordinated enterprise" at the moment for stage 3 research.

I expected to find a link from the factory page to this laboratory, but seems that such feature was not added. 

10.07.2012, 12:46

Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

question!

I have a size 400 worker dyestuff factory.

and I am researching and subordinating this factory.

is there a difference if I just employ 5 employees rather than 400 max employees to speed up research time?
or is research time related to products produced?

I don't really need a lot of dyestuff, and I already 100k-ish of em, so I am thinking of reducing production 
----------------------------------------------------------------
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

10.07.2012, 15:46

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

not 100% sure here, but I think you won't get 100% of the advancement if the factory isn't fully loaded... 

10.07.2012, 18:23

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

Woodchuck
is there a difference if I just employ 5 employees rather than 400 max employees to speed up research time?
or is research time related to products produced?

Research effectiveness is not influenced by the amount of stuff this subordinate division produces - for example, I'm researching DecorStudio with 100% effectiveness even though I have yet to produce a single decor thingy ever...

If you don't have enough workers in the subordinate factory, this could drop research down to 50% (I don't think it can drop lower even if you have only one worker in the factory - not sure though). 'Enough' means about 80% of the maximum number of workplaces for factory size required for the level of research:
you could have size 5 factory with 10000 workplaces, but if your research requires size 1 factory (which has 400 places), then 400*0.8 workers should be about enough for 100% research effectiveness.

If factory effectiveness drops (because of broken equipment or other reasons) this will decrease research effectiveness accordingly.

Vacations in subordinate bring research to 0%. Now we have this green bulb in the list of subdivisions, so it's a bit easier, but I still would like to have this indicator in the factory screen also. 

15.07.2012, 15:40

Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

thanks geikas, that clears it up Well 

19.05.2013, 02:10

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Any way to find out how long time the industrial testing will take on different tech levels?

How much will additional scientists speed this up? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Lab & subordinated enterprise

• Page: