Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Replace or repair old equipment

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 27.01.2011, 04:47

Jammix

1. How do you replace the old equipment? I can't seem to find any instructions on how.

2. How do you repair equipment?   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.01.2011, 05:27

erevion
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Expand your popup window (Equipment) and scroll all the way down. You will see Buy (default) / Repair / Replace. Click on these links then replace/repair your equipments as you would do with the buying option. 

27.01.2011, 05:35

arklight
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Does that remove the equipment at random...or the old ones? 

27.01.2011, 05:54

erevion
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

When you have equipments of different qualities purchased, they are essentially 'merged', hence the qualities are averaged. That being said, if you remove the equipments, you remove random ones (of that averaged quality) and if I am not mistaken, it does not remove faulty equipments. I haven't experimented on that one, but usually when I remove equipments, my faulty ones do not get removed. 

27.01.2011, 06:14

chris1221
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
chris1221
m:
Chris1221

arklight
Does that remove the equipment at random...or the old ones?

removing equipment is different to repairing them.

as erevion said, removing equipment would take the average quality.  if you remove enough equipment, the number of equipment requiring repair also goes down.  it's all averaged-out 

27.01.2011, 09:09

acer20
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

@Jammix :Removal, as well as repair of equipment can both be accessed using the tab >> Company>> Management

select the tab "Equipment" and lo, you have a complete list of equipments(computers, machines, research instruments etc.)  installed in your factories and their wear and tear level and efficiency provided.

you can select the check box corresponding to the factory you want to repair(equipments), and then use the repair button which will give you a list of available suppliers of equipment, total price per unit, quantity available and the quality of the equipment.  

On a related note, you can also see the employees, livestock, techs utilized in your company. 

27.04.2014, 12:41.     Subject: Equipment repair

cometosee
One year with Virtonomics

Hi. I am playing in MAry. And now the efficiency is low due to the equipment wear n tear.

The repair button requires to be activated by 5 points. Do we have any other options to repair without using points??? 

27.04.2014, 16:26

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

don't use the automatic repair link

right above it is the equipment link.  see erevion's post above on what to do. 

13.11.2019, 11:26

Lord_Timba
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Lord_Timba Ltd.

I don't really get the function of repairing equipment.

It looks like the only difference between buying and repairing equipment is that with repairing your broken machine is getting replaced, where in buying you buy an extra machine.

In real life repairing a machine should cost less money then buying a new one. Why isn't repairing a machine not a service instead of a sale?

Or am i missing something? 

13.11.2019, 11:34

Last time edited : 13.11.2019, 11:38

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
MacNab Inc.

The machines are not broken, but rather worn out (the factory screen mentions 'wear and tear'). This means they need to be replaced by new machines.

The game using 'Repair equipment' instead of the more correct replace equipment is indeed confusing. 

13.11.2019, 11:56

Lord_Timba
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Lord_Timba Ltd.

Is there a luck factor involved or will your machine (in this case computer) Always 'wear and tear' after a week or 10?

It sounds silly to me that i have to buy a new computer every 10 weeks (or maybe even less) cause it doesn't function for a fully 100% anymore.

I can understand that its getting older, but machines should function normally over a longer period. Eventually you should replace them with newer or better ones.  

Furthermore does the quality of a machine has any influance on the lifespan? 

13.11.2019, 19:29

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
MacNab Inc.

To me it seems like a fixed percentage of wear and tear per turn, without any luck involved and regardless of machine quality. A real computer does indeed last longer, but this is a simulation and this kind of reality is not the purpose (just take a look at the prices of goods in stores and you'll know...).

You can buy the Extended warranty booster in the top left of the factory screen to increase the lifespan of your machines. I always do that, i think the benefit far outweighs its weekly cost. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Replace or repair old equipment

• Page: