Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Exluding Customers

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 14.06.2010, 17:28

sammotea
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

G'day,

I was wondering if it was possible to exclude players from buying from you, in a similar but opposite way to the "sell to certain customers" option in the Sales tab. I keep recieving order from a player for ALL of certain of the products in the warehouse which the customer is quite obviously unable to pay for (the player is worth about a third of the price of the products, including the addition of his average turnover).

By attempting to purchase all of my goods the player is taking them off the market so other players are unable to buy them and I am unable to sell them. As you can imagine this is starting to cause me some financial difficulty, as the products in question make up a large amount of my potential earnings, and the cost of continually buying top-ups to ensure my products are competitive is very large for my company.

I wouldn't normally attempt to take such a route but I have already been in email contact with the player explaining the situation to himher, as well as repeatedly cancelling his/her order.

I am almost certain that this isn't an attempt by the other player to sabotage my earnings, but whether intentional or not it is causing me some worry. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance   

• Page:
Message list:  

14.06.2010, 19:08

swift_c
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
m:
swift_c

There is not a way with the current functionality to exclude buyers.  You can put in a suggestion in the suggestion thread.

For now, maybe you can include your valued customers in the "only to certain companies" list if that will make up enough demand for you.  

Of course then your warehouse will not be visible to other potential buyers, so you may need to 'advertise' that somehow, using your own factory name or through the forum classified.

I thought if a player higher up on the supply priority didn't have enough funds, the next player gets the products.  Am I wrong in that assumption?

With the "G'day" - are you Australian?

Good luck, mate 

14.06.2010, 19:15

sammotea
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Pity.

Unfortunately because the player has repeatedly been doing this I have no other customers to prioritize... As such I am unable to answer to answer your query regarding the next-in-line customers.

All the same, if those possibilities had hypothetically been open to me, thanks for your help and suggestions Very we!

I'll leave it a few turns and see how things develop.

Ps. 'fraid not, I'm an Englishman who likes a certain phrase Very we!

All the best 

15.06.2010, 14:50

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

What are you selling?  maybe i can help by buying your products - or you can advertise in the classified thread, also on which realm do you have this problem ?

just tell people to order even if there is none available, then you can cancel the player who is not paying.  when that player orders again, his/her order will automatically be below your other customers. 

15.06.2010, 15:11

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Classified forum would be your best bet. If you have been in contact and they are still ordering all units I doubt anything will change. 

15.06.2010, 17:52

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You can change your products only to add companies in your personal distibution list. This will exclude everybody else who isn't in the list and probably will decrease your sales a lot To wink 

FOOD and GROCERY DEPARTEMENT SUPPLIES AVAILABLE: PM ME !!! http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2573983 ... http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556745 ... http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556744 ...

15.06.2010, 17:56

sammotea

Ccm-tsang: It's foodstuffs on Lien, here's the link

http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/2498885 ... .

I've dutifully followed your advice, many thanks.

Fractal: Unfortunately you are entirely correct. Turns out Virtonomics isn't just populated by kind-hearted virtual entrepreneurs <sigh>.

All the best to you both. 

15.06.2010, 20:29

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

only flour and eggs had 0 available - ordered all.

put my supply priority up, but lower than your other 'real' customers.  it's okay if i don't get any, but okay if i do.

pm me if you wish for other products 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Exluding Customers

• Page: