Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Tech and licenses: How to buy from and sell to a specific player?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 7.06.2010, 02:35

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hi I am wondering how exactly does one sell techs/licenses to another, or buy from another? The interface got me confused and I couldn't find info on wiki either. A bit of explanation would be helpful, thanks!   

• Page:
Message list:  

7.06.2010, 15:26

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You cant specify who you sell to or buy from.

You can buy only tech/licenses if you have the appropriate factory.

Tech is easy, instant under the factory/techologies tab.

The licences is a little bit more complicated, because its updated only once a day - at update time.
You can put in buy orders and sell orders and they are paired with an arcane formule which I dont understand :-)
And then you may got a licence if there is a willing seller. 

7.06.2010, 19:44

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

i just found out that if i clicked on the $ on the tech page, i can see who is selling the tech, and for how much.

still can't buy from any specific player (unless there is only 1 supplier) for tech

for licences, depends on whether it is competitive or non competitive, with or without trade.  think the idea is to match the buying price with the selling price (demand Vs supply).  you can get an idea of licence sales from the day before via game world->reports->technology or click on the number under supply when you buy a licence, if there are any offers for the speciality, but it only shows the cost, not who is selling it. 

7.06.2010, 21:42

Last time edited : 8.06.2010, 00:02

Ixnad

Thanks both of you. Yeah I want to take a peek on the secret formula they are using.So-so

The tech and license market is like a blind market where you can't specify buyer/sellers. So I've got this question from the tech demand/supply sticky thread: how would two people who agreed to a deal beforehand, transfer tech/license between them? Do they just put it on open market and have other sellers affect their agreed price?It is surprised 

8.06.2010, 16:45

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Most deals are for licenses. Since license sales are assessed individually other sellers will have no influence (unless their sale price is lower).

Tech deals will generally only happen when there are 0 sellers. No other sellers means no influence on agreed price.
*Tech deals should be done via PM, otherwise sale offers could be made by other players which WILL influence sale price. 

8.06.2010, 21:40

Ixnad

Ahh I see. Thanks. If during a deal I offer a license at a lower price than other seller's, buyers who applied for the same license that turn will get it if my deal is cheaper than how much they apply for, right? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Tech and licenses: How to buy from and sell to a specific player?

• Page: