Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Many stores bad?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 31.05.2010, 14:37

Omlette
Eight years with Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics
m:
Alpha International Unlimited

Hello,
I am having two stores in one city both kind of selling the same thing, So is it wise for me to sell one?
Or keeping both is a good idea?   

• Page:
Message list:  

31.05.2010, 15:03

Last time edited : 31.05.2010, 15:03

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

I think, from what I read in the FAQ, that two is ok. Starting from three your sales volume will decrease. Not sure about this since I'm not very experienced in retail. Also, I just built a second store in a city so hope it's ok Well 

31.05.2010, 15:27

casperbons
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

couple of cities i havve two stores but i don't have difficulties 

31.05.2010, 19:38

Omlette
m:

Oh yes and,
i want to know, Is it better to have store in the fashionable district or suburbs, or any one of it, i noticed that in the richer district less people visit every week and in lower wealth district more people come, so which is the best place to have a store in? 

31.05.2010, 19:41

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Pyrex
I think, from what I read in the FAQ, that two is ok. Starting from three your sales volume will decrease. Not sure about this since I'm not very experienced in retail. Also, I just built a second store in a city so hope it's ok Well

Yes

Omlette
Oh yes and,
i want to know, Is it better to have store in the fashionable district or suburbs, or any one of it, i noticed that in the richer district less people visit every week and in lower wealth district more people come, so which is the best place to have a store in?

For low qualification in commerce better to put stores in resedential area. 

4.06.2010, 20:04

spring_onions
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Omlette
Is it better to have store in the fashionable district or suburbs, or any one of it, i noticed that in the richer district less people visit every week and in lower wealth district more people come, so which is the best place to have a store in?
It entirely depends on what you are selling and how much they cost...oh and take into consideration the competition in a certain district.

Since you're selling mostly groceries, go for the residential areas, assuming there is lesser competition there than the city center.
I never go for the fashionable district because of the small store attendance. 

4.06.2010, 22:54

Omlette
m:

Hmmm, so if im selling electronics, jewelery and the costly stuff i can go into fashionable district and earn more profit? 

5.06.2010, 11:04

spring_onions
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Omlette
Hmmm, so if im selling electronics, jewelery and the costly stuff i can go into fashionable district and earn more profit?
Not necessarily. Apparently, the virtual consumers doesn't seem to like that part of the city. The amount of weekly customers are low that you'll make better profit selling such things on the city center or on the residential areas, that is if you're city's wealth level is above average. 

9.06.2010, 19:48

RockWhiter

Omlette

Making this choice will depend on the quality you can get: it must be high. That can be a strategy for instance if you produce or if you can get only a little amount of high quality products.

Would it be interesting to sell medium quality products in fashionable district of relatively "poors" cities? 

9.06.2010, 20:51

spring_onions

@RockWhiter
I wouln't suggest doing that since poor cities tend to be only interested on low price, everyday goods.
It could be better if you sell those mid quality products on mid wealth cities. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Many stores bad?

• Page: