Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Relationship Between Subdivs and office workers needed.

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Voting:  

Eliminate the limit on workers per office!! Make it the same # as total office workers Global limit.

Voting duration:

Start: 26.05.2010, 04:41

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes, it makes no sense to be allowed to have 5000 office workers but you have to spread them all over the place instead fo one office, there is no limitation like this in real life or in business.

- No, I like dumb limitations that arent real, have no place in life or business, and are just plainly unrealistic. I like wasting my time going into 15-30 offices when I shoudl only have to administer one like real life which is much more efficient and cost effective.

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 26.05.2010, 04:38

Last time edited : 26.05.2010, 04:53

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

What sense is there to say "you can have 5000 officers spread out in all the countries, but you cant put 5000 into one office????.................................. Why the hell not? Its a poor addition to the game, just a bad limitation that exists nowhere in real life and it doesnt add anything to the pleasure or game dynamics and is not needed. All it does is unfairly limit and frustrate people and make administration ten times longer and harder then it should be, taking away from good game play and simply wasting time and resources and teaching people an improper business model.

Also, If anyone has figured out this relationship of how many office workers you need per subdiv and per # of workers etc please contribute to this as it is a bigtime struggle trying to fit anything under this crazy limitation.

This is CRUCIAL info and Must be put into the game, it should be there in the first place as well.

- How do you know how many office workers you will need to do what? (please dont just say "oh look at the #req" To you    )
- What is the relationship between subdivs and office workers needed? It seems like you need 1-3 office workers per factory even if it is not running (has no workers and no supply and is not producing has no stock)
- Early on mgmt levels 1-3 it seems like you need 10 just to run a warehouse dedicated to it.
- This is very important info!!!! You cant build nor optimize anything if you dont know how much office capacity it will eat up thus the only common sense would say put this in game but hey no info is in game so... (endlessly frustrating)
- I closed down a warehouse because I was tapped out in one office by the stupid game limitations that say you can only have so many officers per office like 160 but you can have 5000 spread amongst all the countries.....................................

• Page:
Message list:  

26.05.2010, 04:40

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

P.S. please dont minus people for expressing VALID frustration with rediculous game limitations. 

26.05.2010, 17:27

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

I made a similar post earlier and there were only few people commented on it. This is actually very crucial info.

Do Russian forums have this? Maybe we could ask VLLord see if he knows. Not precisely

Honorchamp
What sense is there to say "you can have 5000 officers spread out in all the countries, but you cant put 5000 into one office????.................................

This is probably a scaling problem of the 3 types of required qualification. There should be a way to fine tune the number without tearing the whole system apart. 

26.05.2010, 19:25

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

btw, you need Q50 in managment to control same office (5 000 clerics with qualification 1.0) Do you have that level?So-so 

27.05.2010, 13:05

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Honorchamp
1 How do you know how many office workers you will need to do what? (please dont just say "oh look at the #req" To you    )
2 What is the relationship between subdivs and office workers needed? It seems like you need 1-3 office workers per factory even if it is not running (has no workers and no supply and is not producing has no stock)
3 Early on mgmt levels 1-3 it seems like you need 10 just to run a warehouse dedicated to it.
4 This is very important info!!!! You cant build nor optimize anything if you dont know how much office capacity it will eat up thus the only common sense would say put this in game but hey no info is in game so... (endlessly frustrating)
5 I closed down a warehouse because I was tapped out in one office by the stupid game limitations that say you can only have so many officers per office like 160 but you can have 5000 spread amongst all the countries.....................................

1 Use #req in conjunction with work efficiency link. Once you understand how it works it is very effective.
2 Factories themselves have an office staff requirement before any production staff are added. Usually it is only 1 but will depend on office worker qualification.
3 Warehouses give very little benefit at low quali levels. Much wiser to order straight to factories and stores.
4 Check the work efficiency link and use the % to guage staffing changes (higher percentage above 100 will require bigger changes)
5 That was a smart move, it seems you are learning. 

27.05.2010, 13:54

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Don't help him i want to win the contest of directors I roll! 

5.06.2010, 08:39

Honorchamp

You wont win bro, sorry caspers. I know enough to win, and I have more qualification and size assets cash growth than you. I did it the honest way too unlike you, without clones, so it will be a huge victory for me, and even if I lost which wont happen, I am still the real winner. 

5.06.2010, 20:00

Last time edited : 5.06.2010, 20:01

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Honorchamp
... I did it the honest way ...

Really without any help?I roll! 

5.06.2010, 22:05

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Bahaha honor your messed up. 

6.06.2010, 06:39

Ixnad

VLLord
Honorchamp
... I did it the honest way ...

Really without any help?I roll!

Haha VLLord is really helpful. If I ever won virts in the future I will give you 5% as gift Well 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Relationship Between Subdivs and office workers needed.

• Page: