Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Help with research sale and advertising system

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 19.05.2010, 20:26

Gonez
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Could any one explain how researched technology sale works? I've jut finished a reserch and tried to sell it for the market price, but it seems like ive bidden the amout i stablished, and for 5 days i coudlnt sell it. Is it possible to get the money back? And how exactly ppl buy my researched technology, cuz i couldnt find a way to buy research from other players, what i found was only 1 way to buy a technology and i didnt get to chose who to buy it from.

Well id like to understand a lil bit more about advertising system too. Im advertising bread and the sorte which sells it, at the trade hall i get , for instance, 0.22 of brand that keeps going up every week, but in my office advertising window i get 0.04 bread brand that does not change.
Id apreciate if someone could explain that to me.

Thx   

• Page:
Message list:  

20.05.2010, 02:20

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You cant choose who you buy the technology from. The money is distrubuted among all the sellers who offered that technology.

What money would you like to get back?

The advertising page in the office shows the average brand in the whole region, while naturally a given shop shows the brand in that particular city.
If you click the product in the office advertising page, then on the next one you will see all the cities with their respective brand, which is the same as in the shops. 

20.05.2010, 02:28

Last time edited : 20.05.2010, 02:32

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

As I understand it, other players buy technologies under the "Technologies" tab on their factory page. The prices are market average. Every time someone buys it, technology sellers of the same technology all get a share depending on the prices they offer at.

Some guy did an experiment during a science tender and suggested it is better to price your technology at 90% of market average price to get the maximum possible share. Lower or higher than that you will get less. This conclusion was draw from his sample so I've no idea if it works well across board.

I've only listed a few level 2 technologies and the profit is minimum at best compared to other business endeavors. It may get better for higher levels.

For advertising, the number displayed in your office is "Average brand, according to the population in the region cities" Well

EDIT: Wow you are quick Deira To wink 

20.05.2010, 02:44

Gonez
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thx for your reply, now it all makes sense =)
Well the one thing im still confused about is that when i put my technology for sale, i felt like the price i set to it was subtracted from my cash money. If it realy happens, will i get this money back if i withdraw the reserch? 

20.05.2010, 14:32

Ixnad

Gonez,

I just did a test and it did not happen to me. Are you sure it wasn't other operations you may have performed that subtracted your cash? Such as buying equipment or stock? 

21.05.2010, 00:42

Gonez

Well i could be wrong. i didnt quite understand the game when it happened. What i know is i had just reached 1 mil cash and when i put the research on sale for 990 000,00 i lost all my money, even if i bought lots of machines and stock id never spent 1 mil. It happened on the same time, not at the daly data process, so its not building upgrade. 

21.05.2010, 05:53

Ixnad

Hmm. You've lost 1 million in an instant? This sounds like a bug. Maybe you should write a message to the admins. Just go to "Help" on the top panel then "Send Message". 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Help with research sale and advertising system

• Page: