Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Relationship between office staff requirement and subdivisions setting

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 16.05.2010, 10:21

Last time edited : 16.05.2010, 22:12

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hi, I would love to know if there is info out there spelling out how exactly would subdivisions affect the number of required staff in the office above them. Like for e.g. we can say it would require 3 office staff to manage 1 size 1 laboratory, etc.

I ask this because I've encountered seemingly conflicting data. For e.g. a store in Saudi Arabia requires way less office staff while a store in Germany requires many more, even though the former is bigger;  Factories with different employee Qualifications put roughly the same number of required workers per officer, which indicates factory technology level doesn't really affect office staff requirement, which I'm a bit in doubt about; stores with more ads seemed to require more officers in addition to admin load in one experiment, but did not so in another; etc.

It would be awesome if there is a way to find out exactly what caused how many number of required officers, so in the case we need to cut down office, we know which area of which subdivisions to start with.   

• Page:
Message list:  

16.05.2010, 19:46

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Advertising in stores also affects the amount of required workers, it's not just store size. I know no exact numbers though either. 

16.05.2010, 22:16

Ixnad

Thanks. I'm wondering, if store or factory employee qualification affects office requirement too? 

16.05.2010, 22:59

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I think the factory or store emplyee qualification doesnt effect the the required number of people in the office

Computer level affects required number of worker in office

And warehouses affects as well, and in a big way in my experience, so watch out for lot/big warehouses - thats why sometimes its worth to go with small warehouse at 2-3-500% usage, because you pay more, sometimes a few million extra for storage fee, but need less office employee, which sometimes you are short on because of management Q constrain. Its a tradeoff, and sometimes it worth it. 

18.05.2010, 07:58

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Advertising DOES NOT affect the number of workers needed. It ONLY affects admin load, NOT the required # of workers. You might have to put more workers in, but it wont make your req # go up.

A lab takes about 3 office staff. A warehouse when you are lvl 2 mgmt qual takes 10, but as low as 2 when you are higher as per my experience. 

18.05.2010, 14:20

Ixnad

Hmm. Now we are back to square one on this one.
I will do some experiments and list the changes that affect req # in the top post. 

18.05.2010, 14:51

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Honorchamp is right, advertising doesnt increase the required number of people, but increase the workload, 

18.05.2010, 19:29

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

if your advertisement is too high, you will find that the admin load is > 100%.  then you need to increase number of workers to cope.

in general, number of office workers relate directly to number of workers under that office's control, unless you do a lot of advertising.

office worker Q dependent on computer quality.

better computer Q will lessen number of office workers required to manage workers under the office.  one reason why computers with Q > 10 costing so much.

tip:  if your management Q is close to maxing out but you have production Q capacity, building factories in the same city where you are doing quite a bit of advertising will mean you won't need to increase the number of workers.

eg.  number of workers required = 12, admin load = 90%, number of workers employed = 120 means you can build a few factories in that city without adding more office workers

number of workers required = 80, number of workers employed = 85, admin load = 10% means you can advertise some of your products without adding more office workers

hope all that is in English .. 

19.05.2010, 00:00

Last time edited : 19.05.2010, 00:01

Ixnad

Thanks tsang. And Very good tip!
Well I will probably start advertising in Cote. These guys in the office are getting sloppy. To you
So the game actually encourages you to centralize your business in one region, interesting. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Relationship between office staff requirement and subdivisions setting

• Page: