Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Closing stores

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 13.05.2010, 10:19

Last time edited : 18.05.2010, 13:34

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hi. I wanted to close some of my stores, so I gave the instruction to move goods to the warehouse. Does anybody know if I close the store right after that, will my warehouse still get the delivery? Because reading the assets list when trying to close it, it seems there's still goods?

EDIT: I just did an experiment with 1 spice and a store. The conclusion is yes, you will not lose goods if you close it the instant after instructing them to be moved to your warehouse.    

• Page:
Message list:  

13.05.2010, 10:27

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

if you don't want to lose your goods, you need to wait until the next update for goods to go to the warehouse, then close your store.  work out the cost of delivery Vs cost of goods + store rent for 1 day (you can fire the workers).  sometimes it is not worth the extra day if your goods have low cost and/or volume. 

13.05.2010, 12:11

Ixnad

ccm_tsang
if you don't want to lose your goods, you need to wait until the next update for goods to go to the warehouse, then close your store.  work out the cost of delivery Vs cost of goods + store rent for 1 day (you can fire the workers).  sometimes it is not worth the extra day if your goods have low cost and/or volume.

Thanks. I just got confused when I closed one of the stores with little goods to experiment with, then I see from my warehouse that it was still expecting delivery from a store that was already closed.

But what you said makes more sense. Glad I asked or I would lose more goods. Yeah for big stores I can imagine the rent cost outweighing the cost of goods. 

13.05.2010, 14:15

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

No, you can close the store without loosing your goods. I'm not sure but almost. 

13.05.2010, 15:35

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

jep just close it the next day it will be delivered 

14.05.2010, 10:23

Ixnad

Pyrex
No, you can close the store without loosing your goods. I'm not sure but almost.

Really? I will probably do an experiment myself and report back. 

14.05.2010, 16:48

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I would call this the typical "this is a feature not a bug" issue ;) 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Closing stores

• Page: