Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Retailing question...

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 1.05.2010, 13:28

dragons310
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

I'm working on my 3rd attempt at this game (2 restarts) and trying to figure out how to make it all come together. The forums all say I need to have my stores in Germany, but I am guessing I'm in the wrong realm to do that since the only regions available are in asia. At any rate, after opening a store and taking the initial automatic stock feature, I can't seem to find suppliers to keep the store running. Every supplier that has stock available is pricing their goods at an average of 3x the city retail average. I'm not sure how the game calculates sales, but I know in the real world that either results in no sales, cuz prices are too high, or no profits cuz you're selling at below cost. Any suggestions?   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.05.2010, 16:05

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

If you play on Mary you can sign up for my food/grocery fund http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/101/topic/100762/view ... and you will be able to sell the bread and juice I am offering at a profit in e.g. Germany and/or South France.

I just don't publicy sell these wares since I want small companies to get them and also active players only who take part in the community, i.e. the forums. 

1.05.2010, 23:30

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You are starting in Lien, if everything is in Asia.

Here are suggestions:

1) Once you start, build 2-3 flour mills (size 1) in Northern China/Tibet in a city that is cheap like Hohot.
2) Build a bakery for processing the flour into bread
3) Build 2 farms in Hohot as well - 1 poultry (eggs/meat) and 1 milk (milk/meat)

Use these places to output the milk, eggs, meat, flour, and bread to a store....I'd suggest placing the store in a rich city like Bangkok, Singapore, Tokyo or Seoul.

Sell the goods at market value. You should make a decent bit of money this way, without destroying your qualifaction levels. Don't build all of the places at once...Maybe start out with 1 farm in Hohot, and make sure the eggs/meat get to your store as quickly as possible (it'll take about 3 turns from start to getting the produce in your store).

One poultry farm should bring in about $3-5 million a turn if its sending goods to a store in a major city...That should give you enough money to stay afloat. 

1.05.2010, 23:34

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Oh also, I have a few products that I'm overstocked in - mainly juices, soda, and beer. I would be willing to sell them to you at a very affordable price. 

3.05.2010, 19:11

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Research the Game World reports. 

7.05.2010, 04:02

TomDuhamel
Six years with Virtonomics

Mr. Stickball, I would be interested in buying your overstock. Mainly your beer and cola. The update is in progress so I cannot check quality/price right now, but I do not currently have any deal regarding these products and I have not yet successfully found any steady supply, so I'm sure we can get to an agreement. Please PM me with your offer.

Tom Well 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Retailing question...

• Page: