Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Internal sales price?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 20.04.2010, 21:00

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hi. If my factory sells products to my own store, is it advisable to set price to a reasonable amount so as to create profits for my factory, and why?

I always set internal sales price to $0.01 and I wonder if this would do harm than good.   

• Page:
Message list:  

21.04.2010, 00:38

Last time edited : 21.04.2010, 00:40

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Increase in top manager production qualification will be negatively affected if factories generate losses or low income. It does not make sense to set prices in your factory below prime cost.

Let's say you produce for prime cost 2$, sell at your factory for 1$ and then sell at retail store for 10$. Your profits will be 8$ (I left taxes and transport out here). Now when you sell at prime cost = 2$ at the factory and for 10$ at retail store you still make a profit of 8$ but your factory will have no losses. This way your top manager's qualification growth in production will be better.

Another thought is that if your factory is in a region with low taxes, while the retail store is in a region with high taxes, I would actually sell for a high price at the factory and only with little profit at the retail store. This way the profit generator will be the factory and not the retail store and overall profits should be higher since you pay fewer taxes. Selling at an own retail store is still better than waiting for competitors to buy at your factory, because they won't pay near retail market prices at a factory.

I tend to set selling prices at least a little above prime cost so I don't need to check them all the time and also so factories generate little, but some profits to gain positive production qualification benefits. 

21.04.2010, 06:47

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

ChrisBerlin82

Increase in top manager production qualification will be negatively affected if factories generate losses or low income. It does not make sense to set prices in your factory below prime cost.

Let's say you produce for prime cost 2$, sell at your factory for 1$ and then sell at retail store for 10$. Your profits will be 8$ (I left taxes and transport out here). Now when you sell at prime cost = 2$ at the factory and for 10$ at retail store you still make a profit of 8$ but your factory will have no losses. This way your top manager's qualification growth in production will be better.

Very good point clearly laid out. Thanks! Well

ChrisBerlin82

Another thought is that if your factory is in a region with low taxes, while the retail store is in a region with high taxes, I would actually sell for a high price at the factory and only with little profit at the retail store.

While we are on the topic of store taxes, the formula for which is

PT = (SP — EC) x (PT rate/100)
Where:
SP — actual sale price of produced goods;
EC — estimated cost of produced goods;
PT rate - profit taxes rate (%).

How is "estimated cost of produced goods" calculated? Is it the same as prime cost? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Internal sales price?

• Page: