Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Indicative Price??

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 19.04.2010, 08:53

GrimmSpector

Can someone explain to me what this new crap is supposed to be, it's vague and tells me pretty much nothing. I can see the base IP, and I assume when they say "30 IP" and "300 IP" that the intention is a multiplier, but how do I determine where in the range of 30 to 300 my product lies so I can set a damned price?? Enforcing minimum prices is crap.

On the same topic it's bullshit that I have to have enough money in the bank to pay for MY OWN products when they literally cost me nothing except transportation, I should be able to sell myself products at $0, by the same damned token I should be able to ship shit between my subdivisions without having to go through a contract and buying process.

"To avoid jobbery we’ve set the top limit of products price. The highest price permitted depends on many factors, but the basic is indicative price(IP). You can find Indicative Price values here : World map.
For the goods with minimum quality the limit price can not be lower than 30 IP, for the goods with highest quality - not lower than 300 IP.
One of your prices is behind the limits. Changes for those positions were not saved."   

• Page:
Message list:  

19.04.2010, 17:59

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

GrimmSpector
but how do I determine where in the range of 30 to 300

This price are there 

20.04.2010, 13:03

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Game world -> Reports -> Production - then select product from drop down box.

This will show you production qualities of other companies. Then it is some trial and error (50% of max quality doesn't correspond to 50% of max price). 

20.04.2010, 20:17

Last time edited : 20.04.2010, 20:26

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

GrimmSpector
I should be able to sell myself products at $0

Yeah that sucks we have to treat each of our subdivisions as independent, which isn't convenient when we want to treat them as a whole. I guess that is how the developers wanted to simplify things. For now setting the price at $0.01 is the best you can do.

Fractal

This will show you production qualities of other companies. Then it is some trial and error (50% of max quality doesn't correspond to 50% of max price).

Hi, I wonder if there's some kind of formula to determine this? 

20.04.2010, 22:05

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

yes it would be nice Well 

21.04.2010, 00:44

Last time edited : 21.04.2010, 00:44

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I should be able to sell myself products at $0

As I posted in another thread it doesn't really make sense to sell to yourself below prime cost. Despite the negative effect on production qualification you won't generate higher profits in doing so. It rarely matters wether you pay the taxes at the factory or retail store, because usually you build your factories in a region with low tax while retail stores can be in areas with very high tax rates as well. 

21.04.2010, 12:13

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Aren't taxes based on revenue, not profit?

I always thought tax in stores is calculated using retail pricing, not the difference between retail price and purchasing price.

This would mean setting a high sales price at factories doesn't help reduce taxes in stores at all. 

21.04.2010, 14:18

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Taxes are based on revenues, but factories also pay taxes not just shops. Also higher selling prices in a factory means higher prime cost in a shop and thus lower revenue and lower taxes. Taxes aren't based on the pure selling price of course. 

21.04.2010, 15:02

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hey, the only thing certain in life is death and taxes. Taxes.... 

21.04.2010, 17:00

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

well said warfreak Well 

27.04.2010, 07:24

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Can't even escape that from a game can we? Very we! 

27.04.2010, 07:39

ChrisBerlin82

Actually we could make the tax system a little more realistic here. Like for example when your expenses are way above your revenues you still pay the same amount of tax for your revenue as you would if you had zero expenses. In real life this would be totally different. In certain cases you can even nullify your taxes when expenses are above revenue. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Indicative Price??

• Page: