Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Lab level

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 15.04.2010, 11:01

donga

do we require to upgrade our labs to level 5?
i think having 1000 scientists in level 3 is good enough for even researching lvl 5 tech.
also what is the equipment quality required for lvl4 and lvl5 labs?   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.04.2010, 16:57

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

You'll need a lab larger than level 3 to research any tech above 13.

Equipment quality requirements are listed here:
http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Science ...  

16.04.2010, 09:51

donga

+1
in http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Science#Technology_levelsTechnology levels  table, i didn't understand "Goods quality (max) "
so for researching lvl5 should i have 8.10 quality equipments?
i don't think lien has that quality equipments and people have already invented higher levels than 5 

16.04.2010, 13:37

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

donga
+1
in http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Science#Technology_levelsTechnology levels  table, i didn't understand "Goods quality (max) "
so for researching lvl5 should i have 8.10 quality equipments?
i don't think lien has that quality equipments and people have already invented higher levels than 5
Yes.
But it means: you MAY have 8.1 equipments (to gain maximum speed of research), but also you can have higher/lower devices (speed of research will be other) 

16.04.2010, 14:48

Last time edited : 16.04.2010, 14:49

donga

so it only  decreases the speed of the research right?
or will it also decrease productivity. i haven't seen any mention of equipment quality in research tab.
only in the lab page its asking me to have (required according to the technology 2.29) for level 3 lab
do anyone know how much it is required for level 5 lab 

16.04.2010, 17:26

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

Sorry, I may have misled you. "Goods quality (max)" seems to refer to output quality from factories.
Equipment requirements are actually on this page:
http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Qualification_and_Control ...
Oops!

Researching level 5 tech requires equipment quality 6.9.

Productivity for labs is the speed of research. Lower quality equipment still works, just not as quickly as if equipment quality was at or above required. 

17.04.2010, 02:48

D0M1NAT0R

Hey Donga,

You underestimate managers on Lien So-so

At the moment the highest quality of lab equipment produced on Lien is 14.74

http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/globalreport/manufacture/1528 ...

The highest tech lvl invented is 8

My figures

lvl 3 - 3.71
lvl 4 - 5.24
lvl 5 - 6.85
lvl 6 - 8.52
lvl 7 - 10.25 

17.04.2010, 11:15

m:
Company 2.0

Your qualification will have a slight effect on equipment quality required, that is why D0M1NAT0R has a slightly lower requirement than what the table says. 

18.04.2010, 17:23

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hello, speaking of equipment quality, what are the consequences for using lower quality machines than required in factories? Will it reduce output or goods quality or both? 

19.04.2010, 02:19

D0M1NAT0R

Will effect efficiency that subsequently will reduce output and quality 

27.04.2010, 07:25

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Cool thanks. Ridiculously 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Lab level

• Page: