Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Production related question

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 15.04.2010, 02:41

Last time edited : 15.04.2010, 02:50

norbip

Hello,

I have a factory, worked at 50% of its capacity and producing 25 furniture/day for 2-3 days. It's been upgraded to 100% capacity, and it has produced only 3 furnitures somehow at this turn.
I have equipment, workers and raw materials at required level and amount so I don't really know why this happened. The output amount is affected by efficiency? If yes, why didn't it happen before? It is surprised

Thanks in advance.   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.04.2010, 04:27.     Subject: production

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

production requires materials.  Make sure you arent selling any the materials u need to produce. As that could happen.
Check equipment make sure it isnt worn out. 

15.04.2010, 12:41

norbip

Hm, only one equipment has worn out and I had the double of the required materials. Interesting, hope it wont happen at the next turn.

I've got another question. Now the supply tab says the production needs 995 timber, instead of 50*20 = 1000 timber which would be expected. 

15.04.2010, 15:34

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

norbip
The output amount is affected by efficiency? If yes, why didn't it happen before? It is surprised

Yes

It didn't happen before because your efficiency was normal. Your qualification was enough for 50% of workers, but it's not enough for 100% of workers. Fire 50% of workers and wait until you qualification'll rise. 
      Electronics syndicate on Mary. Make your business successful with us!        

15.04.2010, 16:14

norbip

Thanks. Well If the top manager's efficiency is 100%, then it will go on maximum production? 

15.04.2010, 16:15

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

norbip
Thanks. Well If the top manager's efficiency is 100%, then it will go on maximum production?
Yes Always try to keep your efficiency at 90..100%. 

16.04.2010, 02:36

Last time edited : 16.04.2010, 02:37

norbip

Well, its 100% at the moment, but the output is 2 pcs only.

Here are some screens about the factory:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3342/jshoty.jpg ...
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9373/jshotjm.jpg ...

and the office:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3867/jshotp.jpg ...

What should I do? :] And when did it go wrong?
I mean it was producing 25 pcs for two days, then I upgraded it -> got 3 pcs per day. I've degraded it to the original level, but its not producing the amount I'd like.

Thanks. 

16.04.2010, 13:35

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

You don't have enought qualification in Management (look this message at your office) 

16.04.2010, 16:22

norbip

Yes I've seen that.
So I have to reduce the number the office employees I guess. The factory is OK in this way? 

16.04.2010, 17:07

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Reducing office employee qualification (reduce salary like you've done in the factory) will help %.
You should also write off half of the machines at your furniture factory. Having machines without the staff to use them will hurt efficiency also. 

17.04.2010, 02:48

norbip

Now the office's work efficiency is 13% and that limits the production.

Can I boost the efficiency with firing some of the employees in the office? It says the required number is 10 though the administration load is only 2 percent. That made me think -> maybe not all of them is necessary. Very we!

Or the only way is waiting till my management skill is higher? Not precisely

Thanks for helping. 

17.04.2010, 11:19

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

If required number of workers is 10, having less than 10 will reduce your staff efficiency.
If will help top manager efficiency but you will probably end up worse off overall.

I don't know why admin load is so small, usually that only happens to me when I have warehouses or a high advertising spend.
Try reducing staff qualification to required and see what difference that makes before doing anything else. 

17.04.2010, 12:36

Last time edited : 17.04.2010, 12:47

norbip

I have only the office and the factory.
Total workers are: 100 (factory) + 10 (office. All of them have the minimum skill required (1.0).
The work efficiency is around 13% in the office, the top managers' eff. is 35%. In the factory the top managers' eff. is 100%, the work eff. is 13%. (I guess that the office work eff. limits the factory's work eff.)

Maybe I should lower the number of factory workers. Or just wait, but I thought the boss can manage that low amount of workers. Again 

17.04.2010, 12:47

Last time edited : 17.04.2010, 12:48

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

norbip
I have only the office and the factory.
Total workers are: 100 (factory) + 10 (office. All of them have the minimum skill required (1.0).
The work efficiency is around 13% in the office, the top managers' eff. is 35%. In the factory the top managers' eff. is 100%, the work eff. is 13%. (I guess that the office work eff. limits the factory's work eff.)

Maybe I should lower the number of factory workers. Or just wait, but I though the boss can manage that low amount of workers. Again

Change number of workers at office to 3. It will be enough and efficiency will be 100%.
Put about 50 workers at factory. Guess your qualification will be enough to manage this number of workers.

P.S. If top manager's effciency is lower than 100% then you should decrease number of workers. 
      Electronics syndicate on Mary. Make your business successful with us!        

17.04.2010, 12:59

Last time edited : 17.04.2010, 13:00

norbip

Thanks. Now I have 50 workers in the factory and required amount of office workers is 1. Niiice. Yes 

18.04.2010, 02:32

norbip

Now my prod is 100% again. I have 50 workers in the factory and only 1 office worker is required.

At the moment I am playing with number of workers in the factory. If I have 60 workers, 1 office worker required. Now the strange part. If I have 70 workers, 8!! office workers required.
I can't see any logic in it. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Production related question

• Page: