Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> How does management skill limit company size?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 13.04.2010, 00:25

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I know that my management skill is important if I need to manage a lot of subdivisions with many workers. VLLord made a nice table which shows which management skill is required to manage which amount of workers. But now my questions are:

1) Management skill affects how many workers your company can have overall. Yes or No?

2) Management skill only affects how many workers an individual office can manage. Yes or No?

If the second one is yes, I could put low quality industries in badly educated areas where I have nothing right now. If management skills only allows me to manage more workers overall and not per office that doesn't make sense though.   

• Page:
Message list:  

13.04.2010, 00:48

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Management skill affects how many workers your company can have overall AND how many workers an individual office can manage.

If you want to decrease administrative load at your central office there is a sense to put new offices in other countries. 

13.04.2010, 01:12

Last time edited : 13.04.2010, 01:17

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hmmm ok, so I have 982 office employees with an average skill level of 3.44 managing 51063 employees in subdivisions right now.

When I read your tables correctly according to 3rd-type qualification I can have 1008 office employees with my management skill level of 21. So I am pretty close to that limit.

When I read your 1st and 2nd-type qualification correctly though, I can manage about 18000 office workers per office with my qualification level of 21 and average qualification of 3.44.

That seems a bit odd to me that I should be able to manage a huge amount of employees per office which is much larger than the overall capacity. Do I get something wrong here?

What is even more weird... according to your table with skill level 28 in stock raising I can manage 13175 overall farm workers. I have 16400 though and all my farms are at 100% right now.

I am just asking these things, because I don't suddenly want to wake up with efficiency going to hell ;) 

13.04.2010, 01:26

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Is it possible that salary costs for workers are the leading factor in what you can handle, as opposed to merely the total #?

I usually can get 5-15% more workers with 100% efficiency than advised on VLLord's list.

I need to do tests, though, to see if that is the case or not. 

13.04.2010, 01:51

Last time edited : 13.04.2010, 01:52

ChrisBerlin82

Well, salary level affects the qualification of employees. And the qualification changes how many employees you can handle in one single subdivision. For overall employee capacity qualification and thus salary does not matter.

If the lists are right though, I think it's nearly impossible to reach the limit for an individual subdivision, because you'll have reached the overall limit long, long, long, ... before. 

13.04.2010, 07:06

banannabarry

No.

I have like 80% efficiency in a store of mine for top manager, despite an overall rating of 100% in every other store. 

13.04.2010, 09:40

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

ChrisBerlin82

When I read your 1st and 2nd-type qualification correctly though, I can manage about 18000 office workers per office with my qualification level of 21 and average qualification of 3.44.

These numbers are for factories only. Read cearfuly name of the table: Information about 1-st and 2-nd type of required qualification for factories. Numbers in table = max(1-st type,2-nd type)

To know numbers for offices approximately divide number of workers(left column) by 40. 

13.04.2010, 09:44

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

mrstickball

I usually can get 5-15% more workers with 100% efficiency than advised on VLLord's list.

Top1 and top3 "helps" each other(up to 15%). For example, if your top1 is loaded at 110% and top3 only at 50% then your efficiency will leave 100%.

This ability isn't included in my tables. 

13.04.2010, 12:35

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

ChrisBerlin82
If the lists are right though, I think it's nearly impossible to reach the limit for an individual subdivision, because you'll have reached the overall limit long, long, long, ... before.

Have you fully upgraded a large factory yet? There are quite a few factories that can support 10,000 workers. Add a high tech level and the limits will appear much lower.

If that still isn't enough metallurgy factories can be expanded to 15,000 workplaces and auto factories to 25,000It is surprised workplaces. 

13.04.2010, 17:31

ChrisBerlin82

Hmmm, ok I don't have such large factories. My food factories' max. size seems to be much smaller than this.

To know numbers for offices approximately divide number of workers(left column) by 40.

Thanks, this sounds a lot more reasonable then :-) 

13.04.2010, 17:43

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hello. Does anyone know if and how the number of subdivisions affect top office efficiency and required workers there? 

13.04.2010, 19:11

ChrisBerlin82

The number of employees matters, the sheer amount of subdivisions by itself does not matter to my knowledge. 

15.04.2010, 00:30

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Thanks. The efficiency system in this game is quite complex. I guess I will keep doing some more experiments. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> How does management skill limit company size?

• Page: