Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Ways to Reduce required number of Office Employees

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 27.03.2010, 17:04

Alex_Sterling
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have a management qualification of 2, but my office requires ~23 wrk.  From reading these FAQs, I gather that can only manage 20 workers at level 2 management.  But my Staff efficency, and top manager efficiency are both 60-70%, giving me 30% work efficency.

I am gaining very little managment quality each turn, so I need to reduce required workers.
What are the ways I can reduce required office workers short of closing (and I assume losing) factories?
1.  Does reducing number of factory workers help?  I have my factories empty of workers.
2.  Does closing warehouses help?  I am emtpying them so I can close them next turn.
3.  Does either store size, or store employees matter?  I have 2 size 500 stores with 5 employees each.

I increased my computers quality to 2.5, and workers quality to match the new minimum.  Will that help my office manage more work?

Thanks for any insights.   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.03.2010, 17:30

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

put your factory on holiday and your store too. Operate just one factory and one store and see what happen. Reduce the number of your worker in factory and store which is operating to minimum. And stop all advertising of products in your office and stop advertising in store as well. Keep the required number of employees in your office to 15 only if possible.
See if there is any changes after 15mins. 

27.03.2010, 17:45

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Alex_Sterling

1.  Does reducing number of factory workers help?  I have my factories empty of workers.

Yes For the first time leave only stores and fire workers from factories. You'll be able to hire them back after Q in management will make +1 or +2.

Alex_Sterling

2.  Does closing warehouses help?  I am emtpying them so I can close them next turn.

Yes

Alex_Sterling

3.  Does either store size, or store employees matter?  I have 2 size 500 stores with 5 employees each.

Stores without advertising don't need much workers in office. These stores are quite good for you now.

Alex_Sterling

I increased my computers quality to 2.5, and workers quality to match the new minimum.  Will that help my office manage more work?

When you've got one office for all subdivisions better to have computer Q1. And when you have many different offices, you should buy computers with higher quality. 

27.03.2010, 18:54

Alex_Sterling

I don't see where the option to put a factory on holiday is located.  Is firing the workers the same thing?

So you are saying the Q2.5 computers are hurting me, not helping. Thus it would be better for me to scrap the 2.5 quality computers and buy back the 1.0 quality ones?

I will try different things and keep checking the work efficiency popup.
Thanks for the help. 

27.03.2010, 19:38

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hmmm, I thought higher quality computers reduce office workers required but on the other hand also require a higher qualification of employees and the player in management skill.

The holiday option is located here:
Company > Management > Tab [Employee]

There you can select all subdivisions to put on holiday. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Ways to Reduce required number of Office Employees

• Page: