Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Product availability

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 27.03.2010, 00:03

Last time edited : 27.03.2010, 00:04

Artis89

hi everyone!
I am new player here, so I have a couple of questions, I would like to understand Well

First of all I apologize if this is not a new topic, just to go through 300 topics is also impossible Not so

About the product delivery to the stores, do I get it right, that once I make a contract with one supplier, I do not have to do it again and again once products on my stores are sold out, it is gonna happen itself, is that correct?
And I can`t buy a product from supplier, if the product is not available.

But my biggest problem is this, how do I make my products available? I have a sausage factory and couple of updates ago I had a impressive revenue of around 100 000 $, but for last to game weeks my revenue is barely 4000 $ and my products are not available. So what I did, I bought 20 pieces of equipment and took 20 new workers, well.. I thought that maybe I have to go big in order to produce more. What I did wrong was that the equipment I bought was below the quality i needed, never the less, now my factory works with production load of 100%, my top manager efficiency is 54%, work efficiency 31%.
Now I have the situation that my output is around 1700 pieces, In stock I have around 3400, orders volume is 3800, but the availability is 0...
For now, as I understood, my sausages are not even delivered to my own stores Not so The questions are....

What should I do? How can I make this work? I really need your help!

Any advices?
Thanks in advance! Oops!   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.03.2010, 00:24.     Subject: Hi

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

It sounds you arent producing any sausages.  You might check your raw materials in the factory.  Im guessing it didnt arrive.  Thats why output was zero.  To produce u need raw materials present.  If you order raw orders it will arrive the next day.  Then after it arrives the next day then you be able to produce sausages the following day. 

27.03.2010, 01:24

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Producing 1 piece of sausage requires a supply of 1 piece of meat. When you start the game you have little supplies in your factory, just like your stores start with some stuff in their warehouse. So let's say you want to produce these 3800 sausages then you will need the following (minimum):

1 Sausage Factory with the smallest size (200 work places).

When you have equipment of the right quality and employees of the right qualification, you will need to have factory load at 76% with 100% efficiency to produce 3800 sausages. The smallest sausage factory produces 5000 sausages at 100% efficiency and full load.

This Sausage Factory also requires supplies to produce these sausages. 1 Sausage = 1 Meat, so you will need to have supplies of at least 3800 meat. If you do not produce meat yourself with an animal farm it is quite expensive to buy meat unfortunately. Since you also just started I can maybe help you, because I produce meat but only sell it to myself right now with low prices as long as you don't compete with me in my region. Just PM me about this if you like and we can work out a deal that will last until you have a larger company or can produce meat yourself.

Ok, so when your sausage factory is having steady production, you will also have a steady supply of sausages for your stores. 

27.03.2010, 12:00

Last time edited : 27.03.2010, 12:02

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Artis89
Now I have the situation that my output is around 1700 pieces, In stock I have around 3400, orders volume is 3800, but the availability is 0...

Availability is 0 because all units are being ordered.
Stock of 3400 with output of 1700 suggests there were two days of production before any order was made. Whatever the cause for this it seems you have rectified it so everything should be working correctly now. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Product availability

• Page: