Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> concerning warehouses

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 26.03.2010, 07:40

deathincarn

i have a warehouse that buys oil, i then want that oil to be transfered to my factory via contract, where the oil is sold to the factory at cost.

however currently i dont have much cash. so when i told my factory to get oil from my warehouse the system told me that i might not have enough money to purchase these supplies...

but even if i did have the money id in effect be paying myself and there would be not change in my overall balance.

so my question is... will this oil be transfered over to my factory even though i dont have money to "buy" it from the warehouse?

i wana do it this way so that i make sure the prime costs in the factory include the actual cost of buying the raw materials.   

• Page:
Message list:  

26.03.2010, 10:10

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Don't worry about it.

The only real cost you will incur is shipping/customs. 

26.03.2010, 14:51

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Most of the time when you get a message saying you might not have enough money to complete all your purchases everything will still go as planned. Just make sure your company is profitable and you will not have any major issues.

Every now and again one or two enterprises may miss out on part of their orders but that should be rare unless you are operating on negative cash flow. 

26.03.2010, 19:57

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

deathincarn
so my question is... will this oil be transfered over to my factory even though i dont have money to "buy" it from the warehouse?

If your cash > 0.3 * turnover, then all contracts will be fulfilled. Other way some contracts could be default. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> concerning warehouses

• Page: