Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Does food get bad over time?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 23.03.2010, 03:10

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I've started the game with a bakery and store and I have a rather large bread storage with low selling volume. Over time I will be able to sell the bread but it will take some time.

What I'd like to know as it is not clear to me, is wether the bread will get "bad" or something. Like in real life many food products needed to be thrown away if not sold within a week. Does this apply for this game as well or does a full storage not really matter?   

• Page:
Message list:  

23.03.2010, 03:43

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

No. It does not seem that food can go bad, but you really shouldn't have excess especially in foodstuffs. My own bakeries are producing BEYOND normal capacity with technology advantage, and they can't keep up with demand from my own stores, let alone other companies.

I would suggest that you check your pricing, and use your store to check pricing from competitors, although I manage to make decent profit. 

23.03.2010, 03:52

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Ok, thanks :-)

Well, I started with 30,000 of bread with a decent tech level in my factory only 2 turns ago and I already aggresively priced bread at my store to push it onto the market. I think it will still take a while for sales to grow strong enough. Anyway, if the bread doesn't get bad in storage I am fine with slower sales growth.

Btw... is there also a dumping price penalty at some point? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Does food get bad over time?

• Page: