Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> I don't fully understand technology

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 21.03.2010, 21:41

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have chosen an "easy" start with the heritage from my uncle ;-)

So I've got to start with a factory for bread of level 5. As I understand it, this means I have technology level of 5 for bread in this factory. At least that's what the factory summary says.

Yet, when I go to my laboratory I need to research bread level 2, because it says my level is just 1. This means I need to research 4 levels, before my factory would actually benefit from this research. This seems a little odd!?

So my two questions are:
Is my factory technology level really 5?
What is the reason I have to research 4 levels of no use in my lab first, when I have a tech 5 factory already?

Thanks for any help in advance!   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.03.2010, 01:30

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Just because you have a technology doesn't mean you've actually researched it.

Lets put it this way: Your technology is on loan to you from the uncle. You can utilize it in your factory, but you can't take advantage of it from a research point of view.

The reason for it is ensuring fair competition: having technology for level 5 would allow you to sell/buy too much tech initially in the game. 

22.03.2010, 01:31

D0M1NAT0R

1. Yes. The license of lvl 5 is introduced there only.
2. If you want to build/buy another bakery(ies) and introduce tech lvl 5 there you have to research/buy a tech.
Also after you invented a tech you're able to put it on sale and gain some profit - and you can't sell a tech when you buy it.

Hope it answers your questions 

22.03.2010, 03:43

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thank you guys :-) your answers clarified things for me now! 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> I don't fully understand technology

• Page: