Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Is it possible to buy VIRTs?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 19.03.2010, 04:49

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Not happy about the crazy and stupid rules of the game.

I got a random message today from the game stating that I must have at least 5 unspent VIRTs to be able to stay in the Contest for Directors. Unfortunately, I am just below this number, and supposedly...I am in danger of being disqualified for this.

I'm very aggravated at the blatant idiocy of these random policies that pop up - Aren't you supposed to USE the VIRTs you earn? I guess that the game doesn't want you to spend points, or buy points in the game.

Now, despite my aggravation, I want to figure out how to earn the 3 VIRTs I need to make sure I can stay in the competition. Other than Tenders, 100 friends campaign, and such, is there a way to simply buy VIRTs? I hope there is a way...Because the way this is handled is confusing and very counter-intuitive towards people winning items, and generally participating in an otherwise fun game.    

• Page:
Message list:  

19.03.2010, 13:35

JuleBCN

The thing is that you cannot buy VIRTs, besides, it is indeed not advantageous for us that players spend VIRTs. As for the requirement of 5 VIRTs, it’s made for the players to be involved in public work, like the 100 Friends campaign, which is obviously necessary for us.

So the answer would be: “Out contests are for those who actively participate in the public life of Virtonomics: those who take part in tenders and invite their friends to play. VIRTs are some kind of an index of how useful you are for the Virtonomics community. Tenders and contests are not as much a tool for players to gain points, as it is a marketing way to make the game more interesting.” 

19.03.2010, 17:48

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Ah, but I disagree with your logic:

By defining VIRTs and points as 2 totally separate entities, each with wildly different abilities (one is usable only in game, and the other seems to be unable to be used in some cases, e.g. VIRTs) you are sending your customers a mixed message on monetization priorities.

After all, I cannot buy VIRTs. I understand your idea that VIRTs gauge customer value, but ultimately, VIRTs are of no value to your company as a money-generating entity, points are, as they are what you can buy. The only caveat I can see to that faulty assumption is if you are earning a tremendous amount of money from your ads, which may or may not be the case (although I do see your defaulting to Google AdWords right now). I fully understand why you have the 100 friends campaign - to drive organic/viral traffic to Virtonomics. However, couldn't you do the same thing by offering points instead of VIRTs? Or sell VIRTs instead of points? Ultimately, you are only offering consumers the ability to purchase one item, when you should allow them to have access to both via monetized options.

Hopefully that explains my aggravation with the system. I really like Virtonomics, but being forced out of a competition because I don't have 5 VIRTs, which are nearly unobtainable at this point in the competition, is a bad business practice, because if I was allowed, I would buy 5 points ($5 USD for your company), convert them to VIRTs, and I'd be happy. But in this scenario, the only way I can get the VIRTs is to either hope that a friend of mine buys VIRTs, or I make a fake account attached to this one, and buy 15 points I will never use. Is that not counter-intuitive? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Is it possible to buy VIRTs?

• Page: