Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Production qualification growing very slowly

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 12.03.2010, 16:11

prashantm
Two years with Virtonomics
m:
Prashant M. Ltd.

- Number of employed people is close to the limit as per the excel sheet in one of the other threads.
- Efficiency of each running factory is 100%.
- Production qualification is currently 9(+1)

Inspite of this production qualification is growing at a measly < 0.1 per turn.

Additional info
- Lots of factories under construction
- Lots of factories being upgraded.
- Plan to buy some qualification as they complete but want to minimise this.

• Page:
Message list:  

12.03.2010, 21:35

funkydude
Nine years with Virtonomics
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

I think when your are beyond your Top manager qualification, then then growth will be less than 0.010.
But as per your info, you should not be less than 0.070 atleast.

Try to produce quality products. I guess it will boost up your growth rate...

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/100475/view ...
Little info about success level 

13.03.2010, 09:06

prashantm
m:
Prashant M. Ltd.

Almost all products I produce are quality 1. Is producing quality products necessary for production qualification growth? 
Cheers Well
Masky

13.03.2010, 17:27

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Your qualification growth will be higher if you produce goods above average quality.

How many employees do you have?
In how many factories? 

14.03.2010, 06:42

thesupertramp

Yes, I can confirm the quality point.

I was facing the same problem for stock raising and production. I have recently increased my stock raising quality; now my stock raising qualification is growing slightly faster. 

22.03.2010, 09:44

prashantm
m:
Prashant M. Ltd.

This is funny. I have increased qualities of almost all the goods I produce. Almost everything I am producing is over Q2. I am also producing some goods over Q4. Production qualification is still growing at a measly 0.10 per turn. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Do I need to increase quality even more for qualification to grow faster?

Also these remain as was before.

- Number of employed people is close to the limit as per the excel sheet in one of the other threads.
- Efficiency of each running factory is ~ 100%.
- Production qualification is currently 14(+1)

Additionally
- I have not been able to fully utilize a lot of my factories that have been completed. A Lot of factories remain unutilized with and have less than 50% of max equipment and people. Can this be a problem? 
Cheers Well
Masky

22.03.2010, 12:40

JuleBCN

prashantm
Your character development on the first place depends on your top manager’s workload, and much less – on the quality of your production. So, you have to make your factories work at their full capacity and with high efficiency 

22.03.2010, 15:36

Last time edited : 22.03.2010, 15:40

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

prashantm
Production qualification is still growing at a measly 0.10 per turn.

- Production qualification is currently 14(+1)

Raising employee salaries (especially in the smaller factories) could help the growth rate. Having every enterprise with a minimal safety margin will result in faster growth than many standard, excellent, etc safety margins.

FYI, I'd be happy with a 0.1 growth rate for production. It is almost double what I am getting now... 

7.05.2010, 09:26

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

JuleBCN
prashantm
Your character development on the first place depends on your top manager’s workload, and much less – on the quality of your production. So, you have to make your factories work at their full capacity and with high efficiency

Sorry to bump this thread. But by full capacity did you mean including factories whose workers are on holidays? I have sent a lot of my factories on holiday and I noticed the growth was very slow, then I brought them back and growth is slightly faster. Probably contributed by other factors though. A clarification would be appreciated.So-so 

7.05.2010, 11:18

JuleBCN

when you send workers on holiday, the production load falls down. 

8.05.2010, 08:45

saukey
Nine years with Virtonomics

i want to ask u all how many time qualification will be update in a day? 

8.05.2010, 10:26

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

saukey
i want to ask u all how many time qualification will be update in a day?

Like almost everything else, once per turn (day).Well 

10.05.2010, 00:15

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

@Jule -

When you say

"Your character development on the first place depends on your top manager’s workload, and much less – on the quality of your production. So, you have to make your factories work at their full capacity and with high efficiency "

How do you mean this? Is it, then, most critical that you have the largest buildings with max employees...Or is it something else?

Also, with technology/quality - is it that the more important thing is that the tech increases your total production capacity, or what? 

10.05.2010, 01:12

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Max. load or close to it + 100% efficiency will maximize your qualification growth. Large/Many subdivisions in a certain area will additionally maximize qualification growth.

What doesn't matter for qualification growth is revenue or quality/tech.

P.S. This is only from my experience and no definitive answer. 

10.05.2010, 02:26

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I think tech level does matter as well, because at high tech level, you need high Q machines and emplyees, and thats a constrain.

IMO by far the production Q is the most useful/important, and for that for optimal growth you need few, huge and hightech factories.
BTW its like in real life, you need to manage as complex stuffs as you are able to in order to improve 

10.05.2010, 03:09

Last time edited : 10.05.2010, 03:09

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

When I switched 150+ mills from tech 4 to tech 8 and 12 bakeries from tech 4 to tech 7 (all at full load at max efficiency) my production qualification growth didn't change a bit, that's where my conclusion that tech doesn't matter is coming form.

BTW its like in real life, you need to manage as complex stuffs as you are able to in order to improve

Well said Well 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Production qualification growing very slowly

• Page: