Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Poultry farm

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.03.2010, 20:02

brusiol

How can i sell chicken (livestock) from my poultry farm to other my poultry farm?
In my first farm i produce 100 chicken and in the second i produce eggs. in my second farm is 1600/5000 livestock. I want to buy livestock from my first farm to my second.    

• Page:
Message list:  

9.03.2010, 22:08

Ablemit
Nine years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Go to "Sales", you going to see "Chicken" and in the right you must choose "Only to my company". Put price that is little higher then your prime cost and click "Save changes". After you did this, go to your farm where you need chickens, and buy them.. (in tab click "Mine")

I hope it helped you! Well 

10.03.2010, 00:04

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Or you can set it below your prime cost, and that should be done for a few reasons, well, one reason, because you are only selling to yourself, it doesn't matter where the money goes, selling it below the prime cost will be a loss, and therefore, you don't need to pay profit tax. 

10.03.2010, 00:11

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Even for $0.01 

10.03.2010, 02:55

Ablemit
Nine years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

But is it better to sell it for $0.01 or prime cost? Like which should i do for my company, because i don't want to pay a lot of taxes 

10.03.2010, 03:31

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

At long as you are not making a profit, you can do whatever you wish. That is, the selling price needs to be low the prime cost, the once you sell units about the prime cost, you are making a profit, and that will be taxed. So any number BELOW the prime cost is fine. 

10.03.2010, 11:23

brusiol

thx Ablemit, it works Well
(you gain rate +1 Well

10.03.2010, 22:59

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

some players say that negative profits in factories slow down the qualification growth ...i can't verify this statement, just let you know. 

11.03.2010, 00:05

warfreak

I think it should slow down qualification growth, if it is a negative profit, you aren't running a successful business, and it always says that growth in qualification requires you to have success in the industries, be it managing offices or factories. Again, it is speculation. 

11.03.2010, 00:09

Last time edited : 11.03.2010, 00:14

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I'd like to get a definite answer on that prior to doing something stupid...

I mean, if I can jack up factory prices to increase qualifications, I will do that ASAP. Otherwise, I am testing it out this next turn. I've dropped prices at all factories and farms to below-prime pricing (in order to save about $500k in taxes a turn).

If my rate of qualification increases drops next turn, then I will report it. 

11.03.2010, 17:27

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

With the new qualification reform came changes that reduced the ability to artificially increase qualification (like selling to warehouse for inflated prices to increase profitability). Before the reform it was a common practice.

Having an unprofitable enterprise should still reduce qualification growth slightly. 

11.03.2010, 22:44

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Its possible it reduces it 'slightly'. However, it must not be much, as I dropped all factories to sell at a loss and didn't see much of a change.

FYI, what is the best way to increase the speed of qualification levels for Commerce? I need higher commerce qualification levels, but they seem to accrue very, very slowly for me. 

12.03.2010, 09:09.     Subject: No I can verify

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

For 2-3 turns I validated that increasing the price in your factories does not increase the rate.  It stayed the same growth rates as I lowered my prices on the factory .  We use to do that in the old system. 

12.03.2010, 14:38

Last time edited : 12.03.2010, 14:41

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

mrstickball
what is the best way to increase the speed of qualification levels for Commerce?

The one thing that will make the most difference is number of employees VS number of enterprises.
This will be what is hampering growth for the majority of players, and is the main reason for people not qualifying for the CM.

If you get total employee number to just below what your qualification will handle you should get OK growth.
If you get total employees to this number with the least amount of enterprises possible you will have much higher growth.

For commerce this means big stores with big employee numbers.
For production it means more high-end, high employee factories.
For science research it means high level labs with high employee numbers.
etc.

FWIW, you can compensate employee numbers for qualification somewhat.

light76212001
For 2-3 turns I validated that increasing the price in your factories does not increase the rate.  It stayed the same growth rates as I lowered my prices on the factory .  We use to do that in the old system.

What range did you use for your pricing?
Did you go from profitable to unprofitable in the financial report? 

12.03.2010, 22:26

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

lets see, from my calculations:

Factory A sells Factory B 5000 units of something. Both have 20% of tax.

Factory A
Prime Cost: 1
Sales: 1
Revenues: 5000 Expenses: 5000
Income: 0
Tax: 0

Factory B
Sales 10
Revenues: 50000 Expenses: 5000
Income: 45000 (36000 after tax)
Tax: 9000

A+B Income: 36000

Now with higher prices

Factory A
Sales: 5
Revenues: 25000 Expenses: 5000
Income: 20000 (16000 after taxes)
Tax: 4000

Factory B
Sales 10
Revenues: 50000 Expenses: 25000
Income: 25000 (20000 after tax)
Tax: 5000

A+B Income: 36000

So i guess it's the same right? I think what matters is profit tax %, so you should make the factory with less tax more profitable. 

12.03.2010, 22:36

Last time edited : 12.03.2010, 22:40

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Less than prime cost

Factory A
Sales: 0.1
Revenues: 500 Expenses: 5000
Income: -4500
Tax: 0

Factory B
Sales 10
Revenues: 50000 Expenses: 500
Income: 49500 (39600 after tax)
Tax: 9900

A+B Income: 35100

So in this case, the profit will be lower.

This example is made for supplies, not equipment, to simplify, but in the end it'll be the same. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Poultry farm

• Page: