Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Is there a way to filter sales by industry and products?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 8.03.2010, 09:22

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Here is my question, and hopefully I can explain it:

On the reports menu, you can view an itemized database of what you are selling, prime costs, and profit margin. It is a fantastic screen, which tells me what products are doing well, or not so well, in my company.

However, since I use a central warehouse to distribute all my goods, all products are double counted (farm sells eggs to the warehouse, which then sells them to the store).

Is there a way to filter out the warehouse sales, or not?

Conversely, the other way I could de-facto filter would be by selling all products to the warehouse at a cost of $0.01 per unit. If I did that, would I incur any negative effects in terms of qualification increases, or not?

Thanks!   

• Page:
Message list:  

8.03.2010, 09:45

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

As far as I know there is no such option to filter out the warehouses. You can filter by industry or products in your reports menu. Maybe you can help your self with Reports>Sales>Sales by products, I think this would be the closest report of what you are asking Well 

8.03.2010, 21:36

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Ah, that helps. Thanks!

I can simply take that, and multiply the revenue by retailer market share, and get the number. Thanks! 

9.03.2010, 00:10

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

you can allways put +1 if you find comment usefull ;) 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Is there a way to filter sales by industry and products?

• Page: