Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Declining sales volume

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 26.02.2010, 14:13

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have a few markets where I supply 80-90% of the market volume, rest is other suppliers, no local ones.
My problem is that the city overall volume is constantly decreasing, along with the quality increase and price decline of the local supplier. Markets are D, C.
What man can do about it?
I mean for example, how can I increase the city overall volume?   

• Page:
Message list:  

26.02.2010, 19:44

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

I can answer you about prices:
- if you will use prices higher than average in city, then prices of independent sellers (so and all average market's prices) will rise up. 

26.02.2010, 19:44

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

+ quality, too. analogical scheme 

26.02.2010, 23:40

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

No, the quality indeed goes up, but the prices of local supplier start to fall, and fall hard, like 1-2-3% daily.

It doesnt make sense.
If the local supplier rise the Q and lower the price, it becomes more competitive, but if it rises both, then it wont be more competitive, so its no point to do so. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Declining sales volume

• Page: