Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Lower Factory Technology?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 17.02.2010, 00:29

Last time edited : 17.02.2010, 00:36

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Good night,

I started the game with a random gift (rich uncle). i received a level 5 factory, so far so good, the problem is that i want to increase the factory production (by buying more equipment) but the problem is that it is too expensive (no point in investing it) for that high quality.

My question is, is it worth to decrease the technology to level 1 (since i can't go back) so i can have 4x more equipment (will the increase in production quantity be worth it)? Are the prime costs going to increase much? (since for now, the quality reduction is not a problem for me).

What would you do? Thanks in advance   

• Page:
Message list:  

17.02.2010, 08:15

lon_wolf19

the info suggests that you have started in an established realm, in which the older players have an upper hand simply for the reason  that they have economies of scale and considerable researches already done, they have a head start. I would say that you can try to do that, I also tried it because the machines were proving too costly to me too. It may pan out to be for the good in the long run, as I find myself doing all-right, the downside only being that the product I produce - bread has to be lower in price compared to others, but you can make up by increase in quantity. But sometime in near future in the game you would have to visit the issue of upgrading both your machines & tech used, as well as  use better-quality raw materials. it is inevitable.

make sure that you keep your business in the positive flow. Start by making some animal farms and sell their produce in your stores, that will nurture and feed your growth initially. That was my two-centsWell. Lets see what the older players and active people in the forum who have advised me have to say. Well. But the bottom-line is : ENJOY THE GAME. that's what games are for. Isn't it?? 

17.02.2010, 09:09.     Subject: Cheap!

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

I start out cheap.  Machines are expensive.  You can also Brand it.  You can still keep your technology also.  JUst use only level 1.00 quality machines.  Then onced you have enough money you can junk the other ones.  Or You can buy higher quality and mix it. 

17.02.2010, 17:27

Last time edited : 17.02.2010, 17:28

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

thanks Well

i got back to level 2 and bought 150 machines (i could buy all 1.00 and still have the quality required for level 2). waiting for the production results next update Well

light: that means i could keep the technology? damn i thought i would loose factory effiency Not so 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Lower Factory Technology?

• Page: