Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Transferring goods from the warehouse

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.02.2010, 00:36

Wolframinn

Hi

I have several stores and built a warehouse to control the flow from one point. I order the goods to my warehouse and want to distribute them to my stores from the warehouse. But the problem is, I couldn't find a way to send the goods to the stores. How will I send the ordered goods to the stores?   

• Page:
Message list:  

9.02.2010, 00:44

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

open your warehouse and choose sale window. there you set the price and to whom you want to sell the products. 

9.02.2010, 03:58

Wolframinn

i already set the price to 0 and set to sell the goods only to my company but when i choose the store i think i have to order the goods from the store like i choose a normal supplier. But my warehouse does not appear in the list. I will be glad if you can summarize the steps. Thank you. 

9.02.2010, 05:55

JaBee49
Thirteen years With Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics
l:
Badger Enterprises

I spent a couple hours trying to figure this out myself.  You actually have to put in a price above 0 in order to "sell" the product to your stores.  Even $1 is enough to get your warehouse in the list of suppliers. 

9.02.2010, 06:52

Jythier
Five years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics

I believe there is a way to place orders from the warehouse... click on the green truck on the 'sales' screen and you can place orders for all your stores from one screen. Quite a wonderful feature to let all your production flow through a warehouse and be redistributed. 

9.02.2010, 07:42

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Price must be set more than 0. 

9.02.2010, 22:34

JaBee49
Thirteen years With Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics
l:
Badger Enterprises

Jythier
I believe there is a way to place orders from the warehouse... click on the green truck on the 'sales' screen and you can place orders for all your stores from one screen. Quite a wonderful feature to let all your production flow through a warehouse and be redistributed.

Thanks, Jythier!  That was a great tip to help speed the process! 

10.02.2010, 01:35

Wolframinn

Thanks for the tips.

But instead of setting the price to 1$ set it to 0.001$ or alike to minimize the costs. 

10.02.2010, 03:19

Jythier
Five years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics

Selling it at a low price doesn't minimize costs, it only shifts costs.  The same with pricing low to put taxes off - you are only putting it off, it will eventually get you.  But I like to make all my divisions profitable that I can, so I sell at a small profit. 

10.02.2010, 10:31

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Selling to yourself at a very low price will save you some tax on that single step in the supply line, but that is all.

Transport costs do not depend on price and customs duties are based on an "indicative price".
This is a set price for each item, and customs calculations uses the higher one of this value and actual sale price. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Transferring goods from the warehouse

• Page: