Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> innovations

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 5.02.2010, 14:57

donga

i bought car parking for 200k. it is for 180 weeks and its been only 10 weeks since i bought it.
if i want to remove this, how much will i get back?
does this applies to all other innovations and other things we buy?   

• Page:
Message list:  

5.02.2010, 15:12

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i think you won't get nothing back. and also if you buy inovation for 500 m2 store and when you upgrade it to 1000 m2, previous inovation won't get any impact and you will have to buy new parking inovation for 1000 m2 store 

5.02.2010, 15:41

donga

ya i didn't get a penny back... Not so 

12.02.2010, 14:41

donga

i installed solar batteries for my factory. now i want to increase the size of factory. will my innovations stay? or will it auto upgrade to the other solar batteries(saying-"Only for enterprises with size 2")  and cost me the remaining.
if i people are going to lose every innovation when they change the factory size / store location/ store size then it will be very difficult, right?
can the game developers consider the option of transferring/upgrading the innovation to suit new needs?

also will there be any production in the factory during the construction period? 

12.02.2010, 15:02

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Upgrades do not affect production, it will continue at the same rate.

Innovations are only applicable to certain size buildings. Increasing the size will negate the benefits of an innovation but there is no automatic cancellation, the innovation support payments continue until you cancel it manually.
The trick is to only apply innovations if you plan to keep the factory at that size for a while.

I notice your factory is in Vietnam. Generally the cost of solar batteries will be higher than the savings in low cost areas, especially for the simpler factories.
Add the cost of innovation setup + (innovation support x updates) to see how much the innovation costs and check it against your (energy expenses x updates) in the enterprise financial report. You may find the innovation is more expensive in many cases. 

12.02.2010, 15:16

donga

thanks fractal for the in depth reply
i started game 20 days back and thought of leaving in the middle when i went into negative balance. but now i'm doing fine.
i bought all the innovations during the first two days, as they look promising. then i dont know that we can change size/locations.
so you said it wont be of any help and i have to cancel it manually. will it cost me the innovation cost per day till i cancel it? 

12.02.2010, 15:25

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Innovation support is payable each update the innovation is in effect.
It is not much compared to setup costs but it all helps at the start.

Weigh up the benefits against the costs before applying future innovations. The real results vary from huge savings/bonuses to higher costs depending on product, location, quality, etc.

I'm glad to see you stuck it out when things got tough. Many people put it in the "too hard" basket and give up far too easily. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> innovations

• Page: