Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> city average price&volume

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 3.02.2010, 15:07

Last time edited : 3.02.2010, 15:10

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

What drives the average volume and average price of a given goods in a given city?

I mean if there is a city where there is only the local supplier and one newcomer appears, then the price start to drift lower AND the volume is start to fall as well.
Which doesnt make sense for me.
There is this city for example, where I am the only one with the locals and I have much better quality goods with good brands and the city volume is just going down along with the average price.

Is there a way to influence the volume and price in a given city?
If I own a market - 80% market share -, and have high Q goods with high price, shouldn't the average price start to rise?

p.s. is there a way to see the top stores of a given city - for all products, not just one   

• Page:
Message list:  

3.02.2010, 15:55

Last time edited : 3.02.2010, 15:56

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

That is very interesting question.

If the market is free(players volume<10%), then price has a trend: one month price goes up and the next month down and so on.

If players have middle part of market(index is D..B), then players could only correct general trend, but not change.

If players have large part of market(index is A..AAA), then players could change trend as they wish.

If players sell goods with quality equal to local suppliers quality or much higher than local suppliers quality, then local suppliers will decrease price/increase quality.

If players sell goods with quality a little higher than local suppliers quality(for example local suppliers qulity is 1.0 and players quality is 2+), then local suppliers will increase(!) price.

Market volume has the same behavour. 

5.02.2010, 09:19

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

[quote="Deira]only the local supplier and one newcomer appears, then the price start to drift lower AND the volume is start to fall as well.[/quote]

The system will shrink or expand certain markets from time to time. If the volume is starting to fall the market is shrinking.

Local suppliers only fill the demand. You have 80% market share but that still leaves 20%. In a shrinking market that 20% leaves a lot of room for variation. 

7.02.2010, 22:01

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

What happens if I have 100% marketshare in a given market?
Is that give a special feature/influence/etc? 

7.02.2010, 22:02

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Deira
Nothing 

7.02.2010, 22:20

Deira

:-(
I secretly hoped for some other answer :-) 

9.02.2010, 03:40

D0M1NAT0R

Deira

As a monopolist you will be able to regulate the price till some cap I guess 

9.02.2010, 17:06

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

If you have 100% market share you can increase prices slightly each day to push prices. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> city average price&volume

• Page: