Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Making Higher Quality Products

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 2.02.2010, 15:08

tycoonzero

I have just started on the Lien Realm and have expanded my business considerably. I was therefore planning on improving my competitiveness by building the best quality products. however I know that to do that requires better capital equipment for my factories. I know that the capital equipment industry on the Lien realm is young and that whoever opens up business here will reap excellent profits when they can provide high quality capital equipment for the player's factories. Some companies have already begun to do so and i plan to also join this race when efficiency allows me to.

I know that i need higher capital equipment, which will be available soon from other players, and i know i need higher qualified workers which should also be easy as it's just a matter of training and salary in order to produce higher quality products. What I want to know is do I also need higher quality raw material/semi finished goods as well?

Let's say for example that i am producing mobile phones which needs plastics and electronic components. I introduce level 2 technology into my factory. i purchase the necessary quality capital equipment for my factories to produce at that level. i set my salary or train my employees to function at that level. But do I also need to acquire higher quality resources/raw materials such as better quality plastics and electronic components to improve my product quality? i hope not because then it means I have to keep moving upstream of the vertical integration which is simply not efficient. i don't want to have to deal with producing higher quality semi finished goods or raw materials just so that my factories downstream can create higher quality products. So do I need to supply my factories with better quality raw materials as well or are better capital equipment, higher qualified labour and the necessary introduced technology enough?

Sorry for the long post. Help on this would be greatly appreciated. Well   

• Page:
Message list:  

2.02.2010, 15:32

Last time edited : 2.02.2010, 15:34

dioniss1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
m:
Shuma Inc

If you buy better equipment and technology and your supply materials have quality of 1.00, The quality of the final product will increase. But if your supply materials have better quality it will increase more. 

3.02.2010, 00:37

tycoonzero

thanks that answered my question 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Making Higher Quality Products

• Page: