Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> HOW TO RAISE STORE REPUTATION???

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 2.02.2010, 13:41

lon_wolf19

HI,

I have come to understand that the size of the company must correspond to the qualification. But I haven't understood the concept behind store reputation. I have my stores in positive balance(FINALLY!!Yes) and I am about to open some new ones. Lately I saw my competitors, esp. 1 of them having store rep. of around 0.5 . What does that mean???

Please help me understand the following:
1. Which media is best for advertising/marketing when one opens a new store?
2. Which will suit if one has cash around 1 m?
3. How long should one invest in marketing?
4. What does efficiency mean(below expenses per week)??

Please advise as my main competitor seems to be inching forward with his sales and we both offer products at similar prices.
       Looking forward  for advise from experienced and new players alike.......   

• Page:
Message list:  

6.02.2010, 17:48

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Production qualification growth is a thorn in my side also.

I have no problems getting decent growth for management, marketing, stock raising and commerce, but can't seem to crack production.

You have production qualification 2 so I would have thought you'd be able to handle 2 enterprises. Which specific area is dragging efficiency down?
If it is top manager, your only choices are to keep low efficiency and good profits or reduce staff (and profits) to get efficiency up.
Any other area and you should be able to fix it while keeping production levels steady. 

6.02.2010, 18:15

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Fractal is right.  if your office efficiency is at 100%, your production Q of 2 should handle the 2 building mill and 100 worker bakery.

have you checked that your equipment and worker qualifications meet the requirements?  what is your production load? 

6.02.2010, 22:04

lon_wolf19

yeah. i have checked the production load is at 100% and so is the top manager efficiency. it is however equipment efficiency that is the bane(12.5% and 57.2%).

I have now changed the tech from lvl 5 to lvl 1. i don't know if it is correct or not, but I think it may just do the needful. May be I have committed a blunder, or may be its right decision. Let's see. If it comes out good, it may be a worthwhile experience, if not it will be a learning worthwhile experience.

keeping my fingers crossed.Yes 

7.02.2010, 11:35

lon_wolf19

ah yes!!! That solved it.I think the problem was the low quality of raw material in mill and bakery. Took a chance in downgrading the tech for mill, but it paid off. Eff. is now to sweet sounding 100Very we!. I am trying similar operation with bakery. The only downside in this would be that it would lower the quality of my flour and the bread. Well you can't have all rosy and dream-like events here. You don't even have those in the real world.

Lets see where the path takes me. 

8.02.2010, 05:57

chris1221
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
chris1221
m:
Chris1221

lowering the tech to fit equipment quality may be expensive in the long run unless your company already has the technology and can apply it back later.

was better equipment not feasible for your company at the moment?

you need to make sure equipment efficiency is kept up for overall work efficiency: repairing, and unfortunately sometimes writing off lower quality equipment and replacing them with higher quality ones. 

9.02.2010, 18:16

lon_wolf19

lowering the tech to fit equipment quality may be expensive in the long run unless your company already has the technology and can apply it back later.

was better equipment not feasible for your company at the moment?

The case of better equipment was the one that was causing me problems. It demanded a higher quality of raw materials  which in my case, were grain for mill and flour for bakery. the possible solutions were :

1. i should purchase better quality raw materials and keep on replacing malfunctioning parts with high equally high quality machines, not possible because I would be spending money for the purpose of just restoring my supply lines, and since it is highly unlikely that anyone would be giving a new player i.e. me a higher preference instead of older,established players.

2. I should grow the raw materials myself, which is not possible without spending virtual credits. Though I like the game, I would rather like to spend my pocket change for someone in real lifeRidiculously(as V-day is just round the corner) instead of purchasing virtual credits.

Also if you have forgotten, only $1 million is given as the start up capital to use for new players, leaving little room for expansive behaviour and thus encouraging the players to be more circumspect. Additionally the constraints of qualification does no good for new players at start who prefer a"Speedy Gonzales" or "Road-Runner" style.

I guess this illustrates the issue aptly for all new players and even for older pros of this game, who, at some point of time were at the starting phase as i am now.

Expecting constructive comments from the older and new players alike. 

9.02.2010, 19:22

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

High quality raw materials are preferable but not necessary.

You can still achieve high quality and efficiency with quality 1 materials. Output quality will be lower than maximum for the tech level, but still high enough to be worthwhile.

In the case of a mill most people wouldn't even consider using high q grain. It would be much better used for animal farms. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> HOW TO RAISE STORE REPUTATION???

• Page: