Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> What exactly the number of shop assistants depends on?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 28.01.2010, 21:41

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

What exactly the number of shop assistants depends on?

I mean I know that the more turnover a shop has, the more assistants it needs, but rather I am curios whether the number is depends on the volume of sold goods or the turnover or anything else.

For example, do I need the same number of shop assistant if I sell 1000 pieces of widget each @100 per pieces or 200 pieces of other widget @500 per pieces?
Or does it depends on the volume of goods?
Or there is a - probably not publicly known - database which shows how many pieces of different widgets 1 shop assistans sell in one update, regardless of the price?
Or anything else?

:-)    

• Page:
Message list:  

28.01.2010, 22:07

Last time edited : 28.01.2010, 22:10

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Number of shop assistants depends on number of visitors. More visitors - more shop assistants required.
And number of visitors depends on city, city district, store size, store reputation. 

29.01.2010, 03:47

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

Advertising also needs shop assistant....Very we! 

29.01.2010, 05:16

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

"Number of shop assistants depends on number of visitors. More visitors - more shop assistants required.
And number of visitors depends on city, city district, store size, store reputation. "

Of course it does, its obvious, but its not a real answer to my question, because there are other factor as well, because two shops with the same number of visitors not necessarily need the same number of shop assistants - or at least in my shops :-) There are about 10-15% differences, so there must be something else.

And its very likely not the advertising, because I am pretty sure, that with the recent qualification changes, advertising requirements moved to the corresponding office, and the qualification required to run the office grow if there is more advertising, not the number of shop assistants.

regards,
Deira 

29.01.2010, 05:49

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

Its just my option deira, because when i'm opening a new store first i put advertising at maximum meaning checking everything there you will see that it need shop assistant. If you think that advertising in shop doesn't need shop assistant then its alright to do so.

Just like in the office advertising you need employees not just in controlling the subdivision...

Anything works for the betterment of your company is good so keep it up...Very we! 

29.01.2010, 10:32

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I have found number of visitors to be the main criteria when calculating required staff, but there are other factors too.

Store rent, city population, advertising and number of departments will also affect the requirement.

Stores in expensive areas/regions need more employees than cheap areas/regions.
Higher population will generally result in more visitors.
Advertising does need staff (I know there was an announcement saying advertising requirements were moved to the office, but I haven't seen evidence of this in my day to day playing. Whenever I advertise in a store, staff requirement always increases, even before the reputation increases).
A higher number of departments will naturally require a higher number of staff. 

30.01.2010, 17:23

Deira

well, thanks for the answers

Btw, how do i get the gold, silver, bronze finnish lions, which some of you have?
And what bonus do they give? 

30.01.2010, 18:23

yuga_ninjie
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

Deira
well, thanks for the answers

Btw, how do i get the gold, silver, bronze finnish lions, which some of you have?
And what bonus do they give?

That is an award which they have won in the previous competition...
Hope the admin would do a competition which have those award again.... 

31.01.2010, 07:23

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

You can see the bonuses if you look at the players user info page (click on their name in any screen).

The Finnish lions were because the competition was based around the introduction of Finland region to the game. All future competition awards will probably be tied in to the comp in some way also, which means the new awards won't be Finnish lions.

There is a page where award auctions can take place (Markets->Award auctions) but it is not functional for player awards as yet. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> What exactly the number of shop assistants depends on?

• Page: